Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dallasartssalon

Help! Interior Paint Brands/Lines & White Colors

We will be repainting the interior of our recently purchased 2,300 SF house soon & need to make a decision on brand, line & color and are overwhelmed by choices and range of pricing. We just missed a 40% off SW sale so we are open to whatever options we have in Dallas - SW, BM, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

The house was built in 1964 and has 8 foot ceilings. 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen/breakfast area, living/dining room & den. Most rooms except for living room only have one standard-size window. The living/dining room has a large bay window & front door has glass. Kitchen as door to backyard with glass & 2 windows. Master has 2 windows next to each other. We do not have an abundance of natural light.

Prior owners had mix of colors - chocolate brown, light gray, a soft green, etc.

We want to go white. We have fairly contemporary taste and a lot of contemporary art - painting, photography, mixed media, etc. Floor varies from taupe carpet in bedrooms, to maple-shade engineered wood in hallways & living/dining to a medium gray 12x24 porcelain tile in kitchen & den & entry. We are also thinking about painting the wood floor white.

I do not like yellow or pink or blue toned whites. I want a true white that leans warm versus cool and was thinking that painting the walls, doors & trim the same color(but different finish) would make everything pop. Ceilings-flat, walls-eggshell & trim-semi gloss.

Have some sample cards of SW Extra White & Pure White (like them both) and picked up BM White Dove today but have not been able to do sample yet.

We are not painting ourselves but we need to provide the paint. Don;t want to go to $60-$65/gallon as we will probably need 35-40 gallons and that's too pricey.

We can get BM Regal Select for about $40/gallon & wondered what would be SW equivalent? My husband can get homeowner or contractor line at SW. Don;t know much about paints sold at Lowe sir HD.

The ceilings are in good shape. We took off some panelling in hallway & den so have new sheetrock. Other walls are textured. Painter will use primer on the sheet-rocked walls & dark walls but didn't plan on it elsewhere. Will do 2-coats on walls.

There are 2 adults & a 10-pound dog in house.

So looking for advice and suggestions on mid-priced brand/line (prefer low or no VOC) with a good consistency and richness to it as well as any other "white's" that I may have missed that will meet our needs.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)