Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tlasx0227

Garden of weeds...

Tara Spadaccini
9 years ago
Hi everyone!

I know gardening and landscaping isn't up everyone's alley but maybe there is someone out there who can help.

I recently moved into a small townhouse with a small courtyard/walk way area that is enclosed with a white picket fence. The fence was in bad shape so I sanded, primed and painted it. It did wonders. I still have to paint the small area with the gate in the photo and replace the latch. That's not the issue though. As you can see in the photo, my garden/yard area is overran with weeds! When I moved in last month, I removed the dead bushes as well as sprayed weed killer and removed weeds, with plans to lay grass seed down. I would like it to just be a nice green patch of grass. The weeds have taken back control of the garden and I am frustrated. I know I need to get the roots but I am unsure of how to go about this! This morning I sprayed another thick layer of round up. I would like to get rid of these weeds for good, well as best as I can and then lay down grass seed so they can grow in the cool fall weather.

I have spent the last six years in North Carolina where I was able to keep my weeds under control but these Pennsylvania weeds seem to be relentless.

Has anyone else dealt with a weed infested area? How did you get rid of them? Or does anyone even have any tips for laying grass seed or prepping the ground for it?

Ah! Please help! Going to start pulling out my hair if I have to keep pulling out weeds!

Thank you everyone!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting