Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowice

How can I deal with the empty area between the windows in living room?

snow
11 years ago
Any suggestion on it? Thanks!

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Art or mirror. I would take off the tie backs on your curtains and let them hang straight. I would also suggest switching out curtain hardware. I suggest a plain black rod, about 2-3" in diameter.Hope that helps. Charmean
  • houssaon
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I wonder why this was designed this way. Was it intended for an entertainment center? A large bookcase would look good there.

I agree about the hardware and the panels. If you get new hardware, extend it beyond the outside of the window so the panels can hang without obstructing the window so much.
  • Chandani
    11 years ago
    A shallow desk with an upholstered chair would work well. You could always add a large piece of art above the desk.
  • PRO
    Marie Meko, Allied ASID
    11 years ago
    I agree with Charmean's comments about the window treatments. I would go with her idea of a mirror because the reflection will feel more like a window and less broken. I would add a larger chair and side table or two the size of the one you have now with table. Side tables for the sofa with lamps would provide nice eye level lighting. Any more pictures of the space?
  • PRO
    The Designers Hall
    11 years ago
    you can fill the area with a console and hang some art work or picture fames of the same size... and for the curtains, i agree with both charmean and houssaon
  • PRO
    snow
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much for the comments! Seems I should do something to the window treatment. I did some mock-up. Do you have any idea about it ? Thanks!
  • PRO
    Marie Meko, Allied ASID
    11 years ago
    I like photo one with silver console and ottoman in photo two .How about trying a mirror over silver console? A pair of skirted benches on each side could be nice with a glass top coffee table or marble top for texture. Is there a fireplace on right side of room?
  • PRO
    snow
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks for those helpful suggestion. There isn't fireplace in this room. The right side is a open space which links to dining room. And that's a good idea to put a pair of benches on each side. One more question is what kind of chairs or benches (I mean the color and style) would match the sofa and curtain?
  • PRO
    Marie Meko, Allied ASID
    11 years ago
    Check this great pouff On the Marge Carson website
    Having trouble on iPhone but I think it would be
    Perfect

Click Image Above To Enlarge
    Additional images
    Justina Pouff

Item #JU48

Dimensions:20"w x 20"d x 20"h
    Add to Wish List | Tell a Friend | Print This Page
  • PRO
    snow
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you Marie! The ottomans are beautiful.
  • PRO
    Marie Meko, Allied ASID
    11 years ago
    Pretty and useful ! They are great for additional seating for those holiday parties !