Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

Which one of these popular New York kitchens gets your vote?

Houzz Polls
11 years ago
These photos are of some of the most popular kitchens by New York professionals on Houzz. Which one gets your vote as the best place get cooking?

Comments (43)

• Emily H
    11 years ago
    Love the contemporary loft kitchen. I can just picture reading a newspaper with my coffee at the island.
  • Manon Floreat
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Oh, gosh this is a hard one. But I think I have to go for the Park Slope Brownstone. I added a different view to my idea book months ago. The natural light and beautiful tree top view are just dreamy. Adding to my wish list.
  • kingguillaume
    11 years ago
    My favorite if the contemporary loft. I am not thrilled with the stools but the kitchen design is magnificent.
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    11 years ago
    Me too Manon. I love the preservation aspect of it. But I want to swap the chairs with something more like East 22nd Street, to keep it current.
  • Manon Floreat
    11 years ago
    Oh! What would and East 22nd Street chair look like? Please share!
  • Manon Floreat
    11 years ago
    Never mind, barnhartgallery - I get it now. Would be a cool juxtaposition.
  • kingguillaume
    11 years ago
    I love the ones on the right. I have the emeco stools in my kitchen and they are very cold (literally). My kids put blankets on them in the morning.
  • PRO
    Marie Meko, Allied ASID
    11 years ago
    I agree it is difficult to pick one because the stlyes are all so different.. I liked Contempory loft until I realized I would be sitting lower and thought I would have prefered looking over service part of Island.So I opted for the Chelsea loft with the timeless Calcutta island.
  • Manon Floreat
    11 years ago
    Good to know about the metallic stools, kingguillaume. Thanks for sharing that. Too bad, because they're really cool looking.

Marie, good point about the loft. I didn't notice it until you pointed it out.
  • PRO
    Mona Ives
    11 years ago
    Number 1 - and I love the stools as is - that's what brings some character and life to the kitchen. Plus the application of all the warm wood tones to balance the grey. I'm kind of over all the all grey interiors now.
  • Deb Houghtaling
    11 years ago
    hate the chairs
    like every thing ealse
  • meredithp75
    11 years ago
    Ben Herzog gets my vote. Never like to sit facing the cooking area and the mess that has to be cleaned up when the meal is finished. Takes all the joy out of eating.
  • PRO
    Pat Gericke & Associates, LLC
    11 years ago
    I do like the loft - but working in this city for years - I am now partial to sunlight and greenery - so Ben your Park Slope kitchen is my vote!!!
  • Mary Pettit
    11 years ago
    I love the textures in Park Slope! As I love to cook and prepare at an island and talk to guests at the same time, this would be fantastic space to do that.
  • Rachel Gordon
    11 years ago
    they all look the same except for Park Slope
  • dibenjamin
    11 years ago
    Tough to pick! I like all of them. I picked the first because I like the wood slab table a lot, and I like the grey cabinets. But I also love the Park Slope kitchen (my old hood!) -- in the end, that one might be the most livable, with the table separate. All are great though.
  • selwood
    11 years ago
    The Traditional Kitchen by Felhandler / Steeneken Architects has such a beautiful color scheme: warm and still bright! I love the details, the molding, the window treatments, the upholstery on the center island chairs, the baskets, the lighting.
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    11 years ago
    Manon -- love the "cold" chair -- perhaps a faux shearling on it in winter would warm it up.
  • Chandani
    11 years ago
    Love the mix of materials in the contemporary!
  • kechris
    11 years ago
    Park slope.love the fireplace
  • Manon Floreat
    11 years ago
    @kechris - wouldn't that be just too cozy on a cold winter day?
  • daxie
    11 years ago
    The stools are amazing - wanting!!!!
  • PRO
    Madison Modern Home
    11 years ago
    I was instantly drawn to the Updated Kitchen Renovation - Brooklyn Limestone, and I've learned from these polls about our personal preference to make my decision based on my instant reaction to a room. This one spoke to me through its timeless white cabinetry, open layout, striking pendant lights and industrial vibe.
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    11 years ago
    I like the drama and layout of the East 22nd Street kitchen. Kind of refreshing to see the absence of things in an organized display of function.
  • mousemaker
    11 years ago
    i love my new kitchen :)
  • Emily H
    11 years ago
    These kitchens all make me want to rip mine out down to the studs and start over. ;)
  • mousemaker
    11 years ago
    that's what i really meant, Emily :) you are much more diplomatic than i am :)
    they did rip my kitchen out to the studs and started over!!
  • Emily H
    11 years ago
    I'm jealous! I would LOVE to do that. Hazard of working for Houzz.
  • PRO
    Loribeth Clark
    11 years ago
    I like the Park Slope Brownstone--however, it doesn't really show the kitchen. It shows more of the dining area off the kitchen... It was really close between the Traditional Kitchen and the Park Slope Brownstone Kitchen.
  • thehesemangroup
    11 years ago
    Could you please tell what brand these cabinets are?
  • PRO
    Decor Innovation Designs
    11 years ago
    These kitchens are all beautiful- however I love the sleek clean lines of
    East 22nd Street - Urban Homes.
  • noneya
    11 years ago
    I second the notion that sitting below the island top would be weird and kid-like. I can appreciate the sterile no-clutter clean lines of contemporary but the older I get the more I go back to appreciating the comfortable feelings of a traditional kitchen more. I love all these kitchens- they are well appointed and spot on with color but again, I don't want my kitchen to resemble a night club, hotel or popular restaurant...I prefer the serenity of the Park Slope myself.
  • mcogg28
    11 years ago
    park slope chairs are Missoni for Kartell. I like them, and they work well here, but i would tire of them after a year or 2...
  • mcogg28
    11 years ago
    sorry, i meant contemporary Kitchen.. not park slope. Brooklyn Limestone is my favorite.
  • sanyusa
    11 years ago
    ALL BEAUTIFUL !! My vote was for traditional kitchen because i could see my house with that kitchen but i really love Chelsea Lof ( modern ) ! The only problem i see with PARK slop is the table ,i think it is on top on the fire place but still VERY NICEEEE !

XO
  • Momof5x
    11 years ago
    I love the white kitchen, lots of light and the main reason I like this is because of the easily accessible cabinets. They are not too high. I base the choice of what would be good for me :) Otherwise, all beautiful kitchens.
  • PRO
    Loribeth Clark
    11 years ago
    Having a lower bar around the island seems to be a trend because both the Contemporary Loft and the East 22nd Street kitchens have that same design element. I'm not sure I would like that feature.
  • margfitz
    11 years ago
    Park Slope Brownstone. I agree that you can't really see the 'kitchen' part of the kitchen in this picture. But based on other photos I've seen, I added to my ideabook a while ago. I really like the light and open-ness that goes well with the warmth and rustic-ness of the stone fireplace and wood surfaces.
  • fionagoff
    11 years ago
    I love the brown stone kitchen contemporary yet warm with some lovely detailing
  • lindavirgil
    11 years ago
    After careful consideration of beauty and practicality, I chose Park Stone Brownstone. Love it! As to the contemporary, it appears that when sitting in the chairs, you would be looking across the counter tops at eye level. Not a pretty visual.
  • cyclee
    11 years ago
    I hate cooking, so having all those windows in Park Slope Brownstone could relieve me some of that boredom. However, East 22nd Street totally wins by look.
  • PRO
    Flash28 Art photography and prints
    8 years ago
    All of them are very similar and thus hard to choose from. I usually like the traditional classic look but this time I liked the modern one better.