0
hickeyash

What granite countertop(s) would go with this wood?

hickeyash
October 16, 2014
Note: The wood is in endangered species. We are not painting it. This is for a bathroom. Their is a picture of the floor we are planning to put into the bathroom. The house is under renovation. I am so including a picture of the door to the front entrance to the house, which the wood is also endangered species, just in case.

Cancork Floor Inc.
    That is a strong colour of wood. I personally would love to see a strong "white" (almost) on the cool side of the spectrum. The colour of the floor would then have the same strong white appearance.

The tiles you are leaning towards will create a very warm, very yellow feel to the bathroom. If you are happy with that, then you can work with a creamy/yellow granite with plenty of movement. I'm not a "yellow" fan...which means I would not choose the tiles. The floor will limit your counter top choice.

Dark wood with a crisp clean white counter + floor can look outstanding.
    Mission West Kitchen and Bath
    Here's a few suggestions that would complement the color of your wood and tile and hopefully bring a little brightness to your bathroom. These are sample from Cambria one of the brand of countertops we carry in our store. If you're interested, we would love to help you find the perfect countertop to complement your bathroom. You can view our website http://missionwest.biz/ or contact us through 626-799-3503 for more information.
    Franks Home Maintenance
    I would consider limestone
  • Zoe Kendrick

I would definitely agree with the first comment on this one. Since the wood is so dark, the best option wouldn't be to try to compliment it, but rather to have a good contrast. As far as granite countertops go, I would definitely recommend going with one of the lightest options you can. You can decide in terms of the actual color and type, but I would just make sure that it's light. Granite countertops always have a nice effect, so I personally don't think you have too much to be worried about. Good luck to you! http://www.stone4kitchen.com

New Marble Company Inc.

It is nice to hear that you are protecting this endangered wood and giving it new life. There are some stone options that would complement this wood.

Madura Gold/Granite

Or how about a simple quartz products such as Naica Quartz in a leathered finish...

And Caesarstone has a great option as well with Buttermilk:

Good luck with your project! The New Marble team...