honeybeem

Craftsman Exterior Paint/design Ideas Please!

honeybeem
October 24, 2014
last modified: October 24, 2014
We'd love your suggestions for exterior color and design for our Craftsman home. We'd like to keep it neutral to help it appeal to others when we're ready to sell. The front door is new, but we will change the color as needed to fit with an awesome color scheme...I loved grays for awhile, but then they started looking rather bland to me and I'm starting to gravitate towards warmer neutrals. The roof is prominent especially from the side so the colors will need to complement the roof color.

And what is your opinion...we have a gorgeous Japanese Maple tree that may be ill-placed now that it's so big...should it go or stay ? Being in town, it does offer some extra privacy for relaxing on the porch.

What to paint all that gray concrete?

I like this home from Houzz, the upper triangles painted a secondary color..we'd like to do that and are planning to define a triangle section with trim, though our house is smaller...good or bad idea? The cream is similar to our front door...if we did a similar scheme, should the front door change to a third color and not match the tops? I've seen a house with the main color cream with gold trim that I liked...what for the accents? We're open to other color ideas as well though!
The Window Box · More Info