Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minuteb

What can I do to "tart up" the curb appeal?

minuteb
9 years ago
This has been a short term house for us. Originally we were planning to stay longer, but the commute is killing us so it's essentially a 2 year flip and we have to limit our investment to be able to move to a more livable situation.

Even though it looks colonial-ish, it's actually a 60s era multi-level. It has the original baths and we're in the process of renovating them to put the house on the market in the spring. So most of the budget is going there and new counters and backsplash in the kitchen.

The house is vinyl sided in a miserable off white/yellow shade (think phlegm) that we can't afford to replace. It actually looks better in the picture than in person. The front door and steps/railing are pretty homely too (a hot mess as my daughter says).

The most I could probably do is paint the door and/or door frame and maybe the screen door (although I'm not sure how well that will come off). And perhaps the garage doors. I have a budget of about $200- $400 to put some lipstick on this pig.

At first I was thinking of painting the garage doors black and the front door and frame a deep red, but my husband vetoed painting the garage doors black. Then I was thinking of trying to work with the house color and paint the garage doors a deeper shade, but a tan or goldish color seems almost more hideous!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (3)