sarris69

small ranch,wood trim,sectional

sarris69
The day after Thanksgiving and need to figure out what rug,what paint color.. I have always wanted a sectional. it just fits our needs at this time.. kids are gone and we like to relax after work or weekends,a little lounging, you can see the swatch of linen which I love.. not opposed to the green walls but 8 yrs later I could see it gone. I have measured and measured the sectional will go where tv is.... and we will have tv as you walk in on blank wall(near coat rack)..the sectional is probably bigger than most would put in this space but the smaller one didn't suit our needs...I could really use advice on other furnishing,rug color,and lighting..there will be a 15_18 inch space to one side of the sectional,As you look at tv Left face ing chaise rtf facing loveseat ( where couch is now) 88inches from wall( right side) chaise 65inches ( left side) ugh do I add a swivel or club to face sectional..chunky tables will be gone.. do I have room for coffee table... help.. I may have overestimated my space but love love love sectional

• sarris69
    ??? also lighting? where there isn't room for end table standing lamp
    A picture of the sectional would be nice.
  • sarris69
    This is sectional.. Ordered with fabric posted earlier...
  • sarris69
    Sorry opposite set up on the sectional coming.. Left chaise,Rt love seat.. Thank you for replying.
  • qam999
    Start with a rug you love, then build the room around it. That linen is beautiful and quite neutral, so it would be a great foil for a vibrant patterned rug, along with some solid (i.e. not print) pillows in bright colors picking up colors from the rug.
  • sarris69
    Stick with green walls or change?
  • Natalie
    Hi---I love the sectional and think it would look very nice in this space. Yes, room would be limited, but as long as you have 18"-22" to walk around furniture, you're fine. I recommend nesting tables as they can be easily tucked away. Lighting---wall mount lights or a pendant(s) hanging above sectional... As for wall colors---check SW's Amazing Gray and Dorian Gray. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!
    Mary Prince Photography © 2012 Houzz · More Info
    ][houzz=
    HIngham · More Info
    ][houzz=
    Oakleigh · More Info
    ][houzz=
    Taylor Creek Model - Spring 2012 · More Info
    ]
  • groveraxle
    As founder of the Just Say No to Sectionals Society, even I have to admit there's something sweet about rediscovering each other on the sectional after the kids are gone. ;-)

Since you're cramming a great big sectional into a space that just fits it, I'd stay pretty monochromatic, go rugless, and if you need a coffee table, consider one of those clear lucite ones.

Don't forget the art.
  • sarris69
    My eye has always been drawn to traditional.. With this linen I'm trying to add a little modern touch but not too contemporary.
  • sarris69
    These are the before.Am I on the right track??
    Check out this discussion on houzz.com- http://houzz.com/sr/m=7/u=L2Rpc2N1c3Npb25zLzEzMDIzMzQ=