Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erikanc

Love this design! How do you feel a similar vanity and backsplash would work with wainscoting?

erikanc
11 years ago
I would also have about 4-5" beyond the counter, similar to this photo, as well as a half wall on the left side. Do you think beadboard wainscoting would dovetail well with the backsplash? What do you think about the color of wainscoting matching the vanity and trim? This is similar to what I'm talking about:
Addition and Remodel · More Info
Thanks!
Master Bath Retreat · More Info

Comments (5)

• Emily H
    11 years ago
    Hi Erik, Did you end up using wainscoting? How did it go? Any updates?
  • erikanc
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Yes, we did. I'm attaching some pictures, I think it worked out OK!
  • PRO
    Kayron Brewer, CMKBD / Studio K B
    11 years ago
    That looks great!
  • erikanc
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Kayron! I have a question -- I had some mirrors cut to go in the upper cabinet doors, but I can't decide if I want to put them in. What do you think? Mostly for light and so I can hold up clothes from the inside the closet to see. But because of the gap you would have to crouch down to see your face if you were right in front of it.
  • PRO
    Kayron Brewer, CMKBD / Studio K B
    11 years ago
    I like the mirrored upper cabinet as it gives more light reflection and also to "lighten" up the upper visual of the cabinet. Since you have mirrors over the sinks for viewing your face, do you really need to see your face when you are deciding on clothes....
    It's optional/personal preference...and would look great either way.
    Kayron