Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengirlpbo5505

Plant species

What are a few of the plants you have used in this photo? Specifically, the purple, yellow shrub and strappy grass? Are any of them native WA plants?
Beach House, Bainbridge Island · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Bliss Garden Design, LLC
    9 years ago
    Hi there - none of the plants in this photo are native to WA. The purple is Salvia nemorosa 'Caradonna' (perennial), the yellow is Phlomis russeliana (perennial), the grass is Miscanthus sinensis - one of the yellow variegated cultivars. Not sure which one - the grass was in the garden when I took over.
  • gardengirlpbo5505
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you! Do you have any favorite native plants that work well along a saltwater bulkhead?
  • PRO
    Bliss Garden Design, LLC
    9 years ago
    It depends on your light exposure - but I like Rosa nootkatensis and many of the native grasses. King County has a fabulous native plant guide and they have plant lists for salt water exposure https://green2.kingcounty.gov/gonative/index.aspx
    gardengirlpbo5505 thanked Bliss Garden Design, LLC
  • kathyfurtado
    9 years ago

Thanks for that link. I'm looking for a landscaping plan for only NW native plants but I don't know of any designers who specialize in natives. Can you recommend? All the native plans I've seen are too messy looking for my front garden.

• PRO
    Bliss Garden Design, LLC
    9 years ago

Hi Kathy - I don't know of any designers that specialize in natives, but Houzz is a great resource to find one!