Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pansy85

Counter high or standard ht slab table help for kitchen

Pansy Cra
9 years ago
I want a slab table custom made for the kitchen and would like guidance on the design dimensions. - pls.

Pls offer suggestions on counter ht at 35 " or standard ht at 30"
I suppose shorter length with s counter ht and longer length with the standard ht. the island is counter ht and the dilemma comes into play as deciding if I should keep the height flow going in the kitchen.
I also have a set of ivory arm-chair barstools at the island.

I know the slab table can have a rustic look but I want to add a splash of glam to balance it out but need help with that part too as far as the chairs/ seating.

All help is welcomed. -- thanks in advance!

Comments (15)

• jhmarie
    9 years ago
    Personally I would go with the shorter height so it appears to be a table and not a second island. Also, seating is more comfortable at table hight. When i sit at my island, my feet dangle. The height would not determine the length. I have seen very long tables at table height.
    Pansy Cra thanked jhmarie
  • Pansy Cra
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks Jhmarie -- I have a pic of the possible design but the final look depends on the tree. - I presume.
    I suggested the longer length for the standard 30" so it doesn't look too awkward in the wide space
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 years ago
    Maybe?....
    Dining Room Project 1 · More Info

Greenbrier Residence · More Info

https://www.houzz.com/photos/122-north-anita-transitional-dining-room-los-angeles-phvw-vp~2166964

https://www.houzz.com/photos/150-w-contemporary-dining-room-toronto-phvw-vp~759290
    Willow Glen Residence · More Info

Good luck! That's a great table, and I think it will turn out nice! :)
    Pansy Cra thanked zazfuzzroc
  • Pansy Cra
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Those are beautiful inspirations azz! Beach house II is a go.
  • Pansy Cra
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    What dimensions for table ht would you suggest to seat 4-6
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 years ago
    Hi, yeah....I guess I have kinda been an "azz". lol :) J/K I'm glad you found some inspiration from the pictures. :) I'm not quite understanding your question...... what I can say is, I find a length of 72" very comfortable seating six.....but that would probably be a bit much to seat just four. I think going with a standard height will let it stand apart from the island and draw even more attention to a beautiful piece. :) If I can help at all....just give a shout, I'll be around. :) Good luck! :)
  • PRO
    4th Edition Design
    9 years ago
    We custom make slab tables and have a fun and professional process which includes 3d images so you can see how the table will look before we start. Happy to discuss 512.363.5093
  • PRO
    4th Edition Design
    9 years ago
    Sample photo of 3d - thanks!
  • Pansy Cra
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Oh crap!! Zaz, I'm so so sorry--- spell check did it and I didn't check before I hit submit.... Embarrassed to no return
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    @Pansy Cra, no problem at all. It's fine...it gave me a laugh. Thanks! Please don't apologize. Really. :) I cannot wait to see your table. How long before we get a peek at it?
  • PRO
    4th Edition Design
    9 years ago
    The above was quite humorous:)
  • Pansy Cra
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the sense of humor!! ;)) I'm crossing my fingers for a completion and in place by mid February. Will definitely upload pictures!! Thanks again!
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Will definitely be checking back. I bookmarked your post.... so I don't lose ya! See you in February. Can't wait. ;)
  • Pansy Cra
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I finally got the finished product of the live edge dining table... After 2 months delay, near lawsuit, and oh never-mind. Wasn't really feeling the "lack" of live edge but just said oh well I've waited long enough.
    So I'm letting the table grow on me.

I paired it with the teal linen chairs and got stuck on the selection of 2 captain chairs, in terms of style, color, etc.
    Can anyone suggest some finishing touches to my kitchen.

1. I'm working on backsplash selection too as I have the granite selection.
    2. I want to change the light fixture (very granny-like)
    3. Drapes (if that's not over kill)
    4. Kitchen wall color
    4a. Option so far: revere pewter by Benjamin Moore
    4b. The kitchen open to the family room which will probably have revere pewter walls

Any thoughts to pull this lil concoction together.