Shop Products
shmoky

John Deere LA145 seat safety switch override

shmoky

Hello All,

I have just purchased a John Deere LA145 and find that the Seat Safety switch is a real pia. I don't minde the RIO but hate the seat safety switch.

Is there anyway to disconnect it? The plug in the bottom of the seat has 4 wires to it and the 3rd and 4th are "jumped" but I have no idea what to do to over ride it. Any help would be appreciated.

shmoky

• tomplum

What is the real dilemma w/ the seat switch? No one wants you to make that choice and end up killing or maiming yourself or someone else.

• shmoky

I found it was just a pain getting off the machine and having to hit all the buttons/levers so I could get off.

After using the unit for a few hours now I am used to it and it isn't near as much a pain as it was when I first started cutting. I guess a change always takes a little getting used to. lol

I won't worry about over riding the switch as you make an excellent point in the possible results in doing so.

thanx for your input.

shmoky

• tomplum

Good choice. Disengage the deck, set the brake and off you go.