vstech_gw

sweet corn tasseling with the plants only about 2-4 feet tall

vstech

I am a new gardener, my patch of corn used to be lawn below forest, and brambels. I skid steer removed the brambles and small trees, mulched for 3 years and finaly roto tilled the area to plant corn and other veggies this year. the problem is that the corn is only growing between 2 and 4 feet tall before tasseling and I am worried the plants will not produce viable ears. I did not fertilize very much, I thought mulching would take care of it.

is there anything I can do at this point? like an intense fertilization regime? I have heavy clay soil with about 50 worms per cubic foot, I thought this would be great for corn. and of course I am 100% organic. and the house was sold to me from the original owners of 60 years and they were 100% organic. please let me know what I should do, even if it is just for next year.

thanks!