mkconley_gw

Craftsman 6.75 HP repair

mkconley

I need to rebuild my Craftsman 917-377591 Eager 1 motor. The Engine is #143.1986700. I can not find online the dissasembly instructions. Stuck on removing the top along with the gas tank, should be simple but can't figure it out. Help please, Sears wants $30 bucks for the repair manual.

• baymee

http://craftsmanlawn.com/Tractors-Riding-Lawnmowers/917.378492/

That might be as close as you'll get.

Some of them had a tab that had to be depressed to get the shroud off, even though the screws were out. Look carefully above the gas tank.

• tomplum

143986700 engine
    These tanks are a bit of a pain. Once the fasteners are out, the tank snaps off hard. You will notice fasteners cleverly hidden behind the control above the carb. Below is a link for the Tecumseh service manual.

Here is a link that might be useful: Manual

• mkconley

Many thanks for the tips on how to get the top off, will let you know if I can find the clips. The Manual will be especially helpful on the rebuild. The Craftsman cross reference chart should be a help for the guys in the shop. Thanks again, MKC