FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

wendyb_gw4

Leptodermis Oblonga status

WendyB

I have 3 of them. Two are doing nothing. One has a tiny amount of green at the base.

I believe they are late to leaf out, but isn't this a bit much?

I was testing them to see if I could do a whole patch of them bordering the patio, but I think they flunked.

• ego45

wendy, they are late, indeed, but as soon as they start they'll be in leaf in no time.
    Mine were leafless up until May 8 or 9, but they fully leaf out now. Mine in a full sun, which also make a difference...
    and suckering like no tomorrow.

• WendyB

So, does that mean all the top growth is dead like a butterfly bush and should be cut down?

• leslies

No. Mine is living here in zone 6b or 7 and only just started to green up a week ago. It greened up on old, not-very-promising-looking wood.

• ego45

Don't touch it yet, thin, grey and dead looking wood is well alive. Supposedly.
    Good luck.

• leslies

I don't think George likes this shrub :-)

• ego45

Leslie, true, I don't like it, but this is not necessary means I'd suggest to prune it to ground zero. LOL.
    Wendy, if anything will happens to yours I'll be glad to send you a few unwanted suckers if you wish to.