Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimmydo2_gw

Harbor Freight Retail employees are cool and the 10x12 greenhouse

jimmydo2
18 years ago

Ok, I bet at least half of you are starting to get tired of seeing my posts, but then the Nice thing about Garden web, is that you do not have to read my messages if you do not want to.

People always let you know when they are unhappy with CS, but rarely say anything when they get good service.

I had called all the HF Stores near me, and found one store that had just received the 10x12 greenhouse. For what ever reason, half of the HF's near me do not carry it, and most of the others have not received them yet.

When I found the store that had them, I asked if I could use the coupon that said it expires on the 18th, and I was told "no problem". I also asked what the price was, and was told the same thing all the retail stores had told me $699, but doing that math I realized that even with that price, using the coupon, and not having to pay shipping, it would cost me about $100 less than Mail order

So my wife and I grabbed my wife's truck, and went down there today to pick it up, We got there about a half hour before closing. They had to get it out of the Warehouse because it had only been unloaded from the truck and had not been inventoried yet.

They got it for me with not complaints.

When they rang it up, they told me that it rang up at $699 (Before the coupon, and I was ready to pay), but the Manager, then asked me if that was the price I saw on line. (Remember, Harbor Freight has two websites, Harborfreight.com for online orders, and HarborFreightUSA.com for the retail stores). I told him that I had seen it for $599 on the web site. He asked me if I had a Print out, and I said no. He then asked one of his employees to go online and check the price. The employee said that it was $599, so the manager adjusted the Price, and sold it to me for $599, - the 20% off coupon, $480, WOWSERS, and I did not have to fight to get that Price, he asked me.

Then he had his people load it into our truck and help tie it down.

Warning to all who want to go pick one of these up, THE BOX IS HUGE!, wait, I don't want to Exaggerate... The box is huge.

Ok, my wife's truck has a Full size bed, it is not a long bed, and not a short bed, just a full size, and this box hung out 12-18 inches from the back of the truck, think twice when you decide what vehicle to pick this up with. The Box measures 8 foot by 2 foot by 1 foot. And probably weights about 200 pounds.

I know some people have discussed what it says on the Box; mine has the images from the website, right down to the One stop Gardens Logo, and says it is a 10 x 12 greenhouse. Then it says "Overall dimensions 10.5'x12.5'x7' sidewalls"

The only thing taped to the outside of the box was a single Allen wrench, I almost missed it. So maybe the instructions are inside. But it does not matter because Grant generously emailed me the PDF of the instructions.

I will take many pictures during construction, and I will start posting them as soon as I figure out Photo Bucket ;), and will probably pick a few brains here when I get stumped ;)

I am very eager to get starter building, but here is the kicker, The temps are 30-45, the winds are blowing 30 mph, we have rain, lightening and snow, and I bruised my good foot so bad I can barely walk (I had surgery on the other foot in December, and just got to the point I feel safe walking in the Yard ;)

So It may be a few days before I get started building, but that is ok, it gives me a chance to read through the instructions a few times, check the parts for missing parts, and pickup some stainless bolts and some extra clips from Charlie's ;) That is part of the reason I wanted to get the greenhouse now, I have 6 months, till I have to have it working perfectly ;)

Comments (17)