rad7_gw

hfgh 8x6 greenhouse questions

rad7

Hey Folks, been reading and searching this forum for a while and have learned tons of info. What a great site! Just wanted to ask a few questions though.

1)I'm thinking of buying the 8x6 HFGH, at $299.00 what a great price. But I'm hoping to get a 20% off coupon before they go off sale on 4/12/2006. How long does it take them to start sending coupons once you sign up on their website.

2) After seeing another post here, I'm thinking of setting two courses of cement blocks and attaching the GH on top of them. The floor would be pea gravel with a drain underneath it. I would be using it for a few citrus plants I have. In the summer, I was thinking of taking the top panels out and just having the side panels for wind protection of the plants during the summer. Is this feasible. I live on a mountainside and it can get very windy. With the top panels out, will the GH still be sturdy? Or would it be better to get a shade net and leave the panels in. Here in NC it gets above 90 F alot during the summer. What major problems could I have with leaving the panels out during the summer.

3) Has anyone used the HF auto vent opener. Saw one negative post, has anyone else had experience with it. Also has anyone had experience with a juliana vent opener.

Thanks again, for all the postings and any new ones.

• roxy77

I can speak to taking panels out, but not on a windy mountain....

I have taken one of the top corner panels off, but I also have a shadecloth which acts as a net, if you will. It seems pretty sturdy with one out. I couldn't say about taking them all. It'd be worth trying though.

I got the Baylis XL opener, and it works great.

• jimmydo2

I have two of the HF Vent openers on order.(I am going to need at least five vent openers because venting heat daily is the most important factor for me) For the price I figured I had to try em, but if they do not work well, I did not want to order all of them at once. Although I probably won't have them installed before you order your greenhouse, I will be testing them (max extension, and lifting force) as soon as I get them, to determine if I will order more of them.
    I will post the results on this site

• jimmydo2

Just a follow up... My HF openers have been put on Back order :(

• Tom LaCorte

Rad 7,

Post your e-mail and I will send you my 20% off coupon, I have several I am not using.

Tom

• tstation

Does anyone know how long this greenhouse will be on sale? Also, how do you get a coupon. I signed up for emails, but never get a coupon!

• cottagefarmer

Did you sign up on the Harbor Freight USA site?

• soycandle

I don't want to burst your bubble, and I hope I'm wrong, but the HF coupon I get via e-mail always has a message "Coupon cannot be used with any other discount or coupon." Has anyone else any experience trying to use the 20% coupon with a discount that could advise?

Lynn

• roxy77

Yes, I got the 6 x 8 with the discount and the coupon. They are pretty easy going about it, in fact I have gotten the 20% off by just mentioning I forgot my coupon.

Also, if you buy it without the coupon but take the receipt and coupon back they will refund the difference.

I have found the people in HF stores have no problems giving discounts.

• tstation

OK...but does anyone know how long it will be on sale for? And what about that coupon? I did sign up at the HF USA site...

• soycandle

tstation - send me your e-mail address and I'll forward you the e-mail they sent to me with it on there, maybe you could use it.

Lynn

South Fairfield County's Multi-Faceted Residential Technology Firm