gardenerwantabe

10X12 HFGH for $509.99

gardenerwantabe

Harbor Freight 10x12 GH is on sale for $599.99 but your local store will have a flyer that has a 15% off coupon on the back that will make the GH $509.99.

That is a screaming deal.

• braveheartfcf

How long is this sale for? I was going to wait till around the middle of April before I could get one so that I could pay cash, but for that price I can always pull out the dreaded credit card.

• gardenerwantabe

Posted by braveheartfcf 7 (My Page) on Wed, Mar 21, 07 at 21:27

---------------------------------------------------------
    15% Coupon good till 4-9-07
    Not sure how long the GH is on sale but if you use your card it will be several weeks before you would have to pay.
    By then you would be past your time line.

• kudzu9

braveheart-
    If you're really interested in this, I'd suggest you just do it now. I've bought things from Harbor Freight for a number of years, and sometimes they run out of sale-priced items.

• braveheartfcf

OK, I'm going down Saturday to try and order the unit. Can't seem to find it on sale on the net, and the catalog 578-B that I have, list it as $629.00. I don't know exactly what it's going to cost, but hey, its cheaper than the list price and a whole lot cheaper that anything else out there.
    Called the store, and the lady didn't know anything about an 15% coupon.

• birdwidow

Has anyone here put a 10 X 12 up lately, and have any comments they would care to make on that aspect of them? There have been so many posts regarding difficulties, I'm concerned that if I bought one, it would never get built.

I'm asking because at that price I would buy one, but not if it's a problem to erect. It would not be used as a GH, so all I would need is to get it up: no fans, heaters, etc.

• gardenerwantabe

It is not uncommon for employees to know nothing.
    The flyer that I have is 137-1B and they where to be delivered by 3-22-07
    !5% coupon is on the back and good till 4-9-07 on one item only.
    On page 4 of the same flyer is the GH regular price $719.99 sale price $599.99 then 15% off of that with the coupon = 509.99
    If you don't get a flyer you should find one at your local store.

• laserfan

>Posted by birdwidow
    >Has anyone here put a 10 X 12 up lately, and have any comments

Oh, my. I would respectfully suggest that if you have read the many posts here, and still can't muster an opinion as to whether the HFGH is for you, then... perhaps it is not.

• birdwidow

laserfan: I'm not interested in buying another GH, to use AS a GH. I'm exploring the possibility of using a reasonably innexpensive 10 X 12 polycarb GH as winter shelter for an 8 ft. diameter stock tank.

So no, I haven't read every post about the HFGH's.

My question was specific to the difficulty of ASSEMBLY, which seemed to be a strong issue last year, then less so as the year wore on, so I was hoping someone who had bought and assembled one very recently might have some new, hands on experience information to share.

• gardenerwantabe

I think that some would say it is easy and some will say it is difficult. It depends on your ability to build things.
    While we have a lot of posts about the HFGH very little info about other brands.
    I would guess that some of the others are not much easier to assemble.
    In my opinion the modifications to the 10x12 HFGH are not optional it is mandatory but after they are done it is and outstanding good buy.
    Only you can decide if it is for you or not.
    Would I buy another one ???? Given the choice of paying $500 for the HFGH and do some extra work on it or spend $3000.00 for something the same size I would buy the HFGH in a New York minute.

• birdwidow

Gardener: I have no ability to build things, but my husband does, and I'm a good helper. However he also hasn't much time to devote to yet another GH construction project, so if it could be erected in a few days, it would be fine.

Exactly what modifications are necessary? It would be in a spot totally sheltered from wind and again: it would NOT be used AS as a GH, only an enclosure.

• gardenerwantabe

I did a outline of what I did to mine a year ago and you can find it in the FAQ section.
    Since then many have done the same thing.
    Troykd did basically the same to his and he has an excellent site describing what he bought and the cost.
    Below is a link to his site. After reading it you should know if you want to try it or not.
    Whether you use it for a GH or not don't Mather you still need to do the modifications if you want it to survive a storm even in a sheltered area.
    If you are not willing to do these mods then DO NOT BUY the HFGH

Here is a link that might be useful: HFGH Construction

• birdwidow

Thank you Gardiner. So much for that notion.

I'm sure we could do it, but just wouldn't have the time or patience to mess with it.