HFGH Panels Destroyed by Hail

12 years ago

Last night my greenhouse took a direct hit by golf ball sized hail and strong winds. Now the roof and door panels have large holes and tears. Any idea where to get replacement panels at a reasonalble cost? James

Comments (4)

  • jamie_mt
    12 years ago

    Oh no...that's horrible! I hope not too many plants were lost as a result...

    The only place I know of is Charley's greenhouse, but I'm a newbie, and I'm sure someone else will be able to give you more suggestions (cheaper, possibly). Good luck getting everything put back together again.

  • oakhill (zone 9A, Calif.)
    12 years ago

    growerssupply.com has polycarbonate panels, but the shipping and minimum order size may make them too expensive for your project.

  • dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    12 years ago

    If aesthetic is not your concern, you can:
    1. for small holes, use clear packing tape. It will last about one season.
    2. Use thin Plexiglas and plastic cement (Methline chloride, spelling?) to patch.


  • wolflover
    12 years ago

    I don't know where in Arkansas you are, but if you're not too far from Oklahoma City, you can buy polycarbonate panels at American Plant Products, a wholesale greenhouse supply store not too far off Interstate 40. This is where I bought my twinwall polycarbonate panels, although they're 8mm in comparison to the 4mm HF panels. You might ask if they sell the 4mm panels.

    Here is a link that might be useful: American Plant Products Wholesale Greenhouse Supply

Ark Woodworking
33 Reviews
NOVA's Local Supplier of Fine Cabinetry | Best of Houzz 2016-2018