jamesy50

HFGH Panels Destroyed by Hail

JamesY40
12 years ago

Last night my greenhouse took a direct hit by golf ball sized hail and strong winds. Now the roof and door panels have large holes and tears. Any idea where to get replacement panels at a reasonalble cost? James

Comments (4)

• jamie_mt
    12 years ago

Oh no...that's horrible! I hope not too many plants were lost as a result...

The only place I know of is Charley's greenhouse, but I'm a newbie, and I'm sure someone else will be able to give you more suggestions (cheaper, possibly). Good luck getting everything put back together again.

• oakhill (zone 9A, Calif.)
    12 years ago

growerssupply.com has polycarbonate panels, but the shipping and minimum order size may make them too expensive for your project.

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    12 years ago

If aesthetic is not your concern, you can:
    1. for small holes, use clear packing tape. It will last about one season.
    2. Use thin Plexiglas and plastic cement (Methline chloride, spelling?) to patch.

dcarch

• wolflover
    12 years ago

I don't know where in Arkansas you are, but if you're not too far from Oklahoma City, you can buy polycarbonate panels at American Plant Products, a wholesale greenhouse supply store not too far off Interstate 40. This is where I bought my twinwall polycarbonate panels, although they're 8mm in comparison to the 4mm HF panels. You might ask if they sell the 4mm panels.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Plant Products Wholesale Greenhouse Supply

Sponsored
Ark Woodworking
33 Reviews
NOVA's Local Supplier of Fine Cabinetry | Best of Houzz 2016-2018