laserfan

10x12 HFGH Shipment: Handle-able?

laserfan

My greenhouse is arriving by tractor-trailer truck, and because this can't be brought up to my homesite we'll have to transfer it to my pickup truck. I'm concerned about the weight at 265lbs--I didn't know it was coming in one carton.

Can folks here tell me the size of this thing, and whether two strong men can lift the thing (from semi to pickup)??? Thanks!!!

• jimmydo2

My Wife and I picked up mine from a local HF, and we were able to put it our Pickup (96 Dodge Dakota)

I was gonna upload a Pick of it in the Truck, but PhotoBucket is down :(

THe Box is about 7 foot long by about 2 foot wide and about 15 inches thick

• laserfan

Thanks a lot jimmydo2, I've been worrying about this all night--I had in my mind's eye a pallet 4x6x8 or something. I'd love to show y'all a pic of the "Thinking Outside" garden shed from Sam's in our Honda Ridgeline--stuck-up 2-3 feet over the top of the cab. Quite a sight, and unwieldy--we did have to unpack the thing in the truck bed.

Sounds like "long and narrow" is not too unwieldy & more manageable than I'd have thought. Thanks again--they are delivering it today and I've got to meet the Rodeway truck out on the highway!!!!

• jimmydo2

Welhp, I guess you have it now, I have my pics of it in the truck up now
    http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/jimmydo2/10x12%20HFGH/

Here is a link that might be useful: Jimmys Photos

• fishingandgardening

Not sure if it's true nationwide, but my two 10X12's (picked up at the store) looked just like Jimmydo2's pics except the boxes did not have the aluminum frame around the outside of it. I was concerned there might be some damage by they way the boxes looked, but they were fine. Well packed inside and all.

By the way, when you open the box, it contains 3 separately packed boxes which makes it more managabe for one person to handle alone.

• ddsack

Fishingandgardening - please keep us up to date on the trials and successes of putting up and joining your two 10x12's. You will have a captive audience out here.

Dee

Fairfield County's Experienced Pool & Spa Construction Company