Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jawsnice

HELP NEEDED - matching color to granite top

jawsnice
11 years ago
Dear All,

Due to very tight budget, I'm trying to not tear down kitchen cabinets and top but only re-laminate. The kitchen top is of sandy /grey / redish color that I'm totally lost at what color for cabinet laminate to update the look of the kitchen, to make it more modern and appealing. Appreciate any advice..many thanks in advance!

JAw

Comments (17)

• feeny
    11 years ago
    What about gray?
  • feeny
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    A few examples:
    VP Interiors 2010 · More Info

Foxtree Cove · More Info
  • feeny
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I'm not sure I'd be brave enough for this one, but here's a combination of contemporary laminate cabinets that draws on all of your colors. But maybe, in your case, a combination of white and gray cabinets?
    kitchen · More Info
  • PRO
    Cozy Casita
    11 years ago
    Nice ideas from Chelan Home Center. I also think the answer lies more with accessorizing and adding some colour, as opposed to changing out all the cabinet doors (which I think are very attractive and contemporary in style.) Love the idea of a metallic backsplash, losing some of the starkness of the white tile. I'd also change out the faucet for something more eye-catching and change just a few of the upper cabinet doors, perhaps using smoked or milky glass. Something like this :

http://www.remodelingmyspace-members.com/kitchen-galleries/gallery-kitchen-backsplash-design-ideas/
  • PRO
    Cozy Casita
    11 years ago
    Sorry, wrong link ! .. Let me see if I can find the right pic !
  • PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 years ago
    The kitchen is Good , Just put some good Accessories n it will be Fine .
  • PRO
    Cozy Casita
    11 years ago
    That did it ! ... Those are actually metallic tiles and I'd seen the pic before reading Chelan Home Center's idea of using sheet material ... which is a much better, less messy and less expensive option. I'd go for the partial backsplash, rather than using it around the entire area. I think it's the current uniformity (and emptiness) of the kitchen that's making it look a bit bland at the moment and that once you add a few attention grabbing details, it will look great !
  • PRO
    Cozy Casita
    11 years ago
    @Chelan, Nice website ! ... Not the right venue, I know, but "Sneak Peek" .. not 'peak'.
    I proofread websites for a family member, and couldn't help but spot it. :-)
  • PRO
    User
    11 years ago
    Sounds like you are really only interested in having the cabinets refaced. If so, I recommend (strongly) that you avoid the plastic/thermafoil laminate - it will bubble and crack eventually. I suggest you look at wood refacing and you could go with a cherry or walnut shaker style cabinet with new hardware (and yes, I agree a new faucet is needed to complete the look). The wood refacing is not that much more than the thermafoil and worth every dime.
  • jawsnice
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you all for your advice. I was thinking of gray / metallic too. One combi is dark grey lower cabinets with metallic top cabinets.

My other problem is the rubbish chute on the wall. Appreciate any ideas to "beatify" it.
    Many thanks again.
  • PRO
    KIM CHENG design and associates
    6 years ago

Black granite for backsplash would give your kitchen an updated look..

• PRO
    Stone Amperor Pte Ltd
    6 years ago

Hi,

We suggest that you g⁠⁠⁠⁠o for grey (safer) or black (more "loud" and daring) laminate colours as it matches really well with the granite you have. These colours will definitely give a touch of elegance and express a modern look theme! You may also do polishing for your Granite to give it back its shine thus you will look like you have a new kitchen! Please do contact us in jojo@stoneamperor.com.sg and we may provide you more information and feedbacks about countertops!

Cheers,

Stone Amperor team

• PRO
    Traka Pte Ltd
    6 years ago

I would suggest medium grey shade for cabinets with all S.S. hardware(garbage shoot door to match same colour too). The walls including back splash within this space can be back painted white glass. Add few S.S. accessories on counter top and remove the wooden look to modernise it. This is with respect to not changing the granite top.

• PRO
    6 years ago

to save money. Cabinets can be totally black. Leave the tiles as is. It looks clean and well kept. When you have the budget, change everything. Now minimal changes,less is more here.

• PRO
    6 years ago

Two months had passed and still at it. What is keeping you from giving it a new look? Budget can be sorted out beautifully if you think on this lines. First major look, cabinet change, than details. In this way, easier to get things done.