Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ana9

Tile from China--need some advise- thanks!!

ana
11 years ago
I am gutting my kitchen. I have purchased cabinets, granite and I have just found out my tile is from China. (did not put my deposit on tile yet) The sales person assured me this tile was from Spain and accutally it is made in CHINA!!! ME is on the back of tile which means it it from China. It has taken months to put all of my kitchen color scheme together and feel very dissappointed at this time. I have been to numerous tile places and the Nantes Ivory 20 by 20. Porcelain rectified (from China) is my favorite but I am pretty concerned of the quality!! I started shopping yesterday for a different tile but to no avail! I will be shopping all this week to try and find similar tile.
My contractors seems to think it is a level 3 tile , again the sales person told me a 4!!! My contractor plans on using Latex thin set and I have great confidents in this contractor!!
Any advise on tile from China?What concerns me is finding a tile that will match my cabinets and granite. (Scheduled August 27th to start kitchen)
My cabinets are Maple with a sesame finish and my granite is Cold Springs. I have Stainless Steel appliances. Any advice
Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH