Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decobug6b

HEIRLOOM Half-Price Summer Clearance Sale

This sale is for one week only. Ends Aug 2nd.

I'm getting:

Ambridge Rose

Golden Celebration

Comments (27)

• msjam2
    14 years ago

I just got the email, I want a white rose that is shade tolerant- it will be planted next to Belinda's Dream, I don't know what to get! Help!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    14 years ago

I received an e-mail about it this morning. I've just received roses from Nor'East and have ordered from Vintage, have no room in my garden AT ALL and yet am eying these roses, which seem to be quite a nice group. I'd like to try Eglantyne but wonder if this rose would do well at all in a hot, dry climate. The climber Jasmina that I ordered last year at their sale is still only a foot tall without any new growth, much less a rose. The Fawn is doing fairly well, although it was also a slow starter. I'm going to have to think twice before I fall for yet another sale, although it's sooo tempting.

Ingrid

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    14 years ago

I called yesterday to see if the no shipping cost sale was still on and they said it had ended Thursday and to check the internet for a new sale. Thanks for the heads up. I'm just not sure how much longer a lot of these private nurseries will last. Heirloom is especially vulnerable since John Clements untimely death. I sooo hope I'm wrong about them in particular...I don't see the sale on their internet catalog yet, but I'm assuming you are correct and it will be changed soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heirloom Roses-Oregon

• texaslynn
    14 years ago

I have JUST received - from the no-shipping charge sale - a few roses:

Lover's Blush
    April Love
    Fragrant Masterpiece
    Shining Light
    Morning has Broken

And now I get the half price "flyer" in the mail! That's a little annoying!

Lynn

• katefisher
    14 years ago

I just received this email. I'm so out of room though. It has taken me all spring/early summer to try and find homes (which included giving some away) for all the roses I have in pots!

However I do love Heirloom. For sure I would buy Joseph's Coat and The Faun again. What on that list is really small?:) I thought Honor Elizabeth was really pretty and not too big.

Kate

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    14 years ago

I bought some roses from them this spring, but apparently have missed the flyer in the mail so far. So those of you that have the sale info can you tell me if it's on all roses or just a select few? Any minimums or limits?

• allison64
    14 years ago

Has anyone bought Anne Hathaway from Heirloom?

• greenhaven
    14 years ago

maryl, there is a list of roses they are offering at that price. By the time I placed my order it was still about 160 varieties.

I don;lt need any more roses. i really don't. but by golly, seven more plants are on their way! I have to say, though, that three are for my MIL. She asked me to pick a yellow and an orange for her first roses. She is getting The Poet and Sunrise at Heirloom, PLUS The Quest. Roses have to be in odd-numbered groups, right?For me, I am getting:

Eglantyne
    Sunrise at Heirloom
    Morning has Broken
    The Quest.

I thought it was about time I ventured into some ornages, although I am not crazy about it. Maybe I will be surpised! I figure, at $7.95, how can I not spread my wings a little?

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

167 of their roses are on sale at half price... Shipping is the same though...

Here is a link that might be useful: SALE ROSES

• predfern
    14 years ago

The kill date for bands is July 4 in northern zones. They will not survive the winter.

• kristin_flower
    14 years ago

I purchased four bands last year from the Heirloom 1/2 price sale (3 Crocus Rose, 1 Eglantyne). My invoice is dated 8/13/2008. They were planted as soon as they arrived, mounded up with loose garden soil for the winter in November and made it through my zone 4a winter beautifully. All 4 have been blooming continuously this year.

I just purchased two Jacques Cartiers at the current sale. Hopefully I have the same luck!

• greenhaven
    14 years ago

I second kristin flower. I planted Rogue Valley bands late last year and everything is thriving. I lost ZERO bands planted straight into the ground, even after a brutal winter. Even the late ones. I would not tell everybody, across the board, that it is okay to plant that way. But to impose a "kill date" is falsely restricting.

• willamettemom
    14 years ago

Allison, I bought Anne Hathaway as a band from Heirloom last year, just because of her name. I hurt my back, so I asked my husband to plant her and she has been on her own ever since. She has thrived on the neglect and is just beautiful. I haven't noticed much scent, but her form and color (a bit lighter than in the Heirloom photo) are lovely and she's always in bloom. She lasts nicely in a vase, too. I like her so much that I'm planning on picking up a few more English Legends this year. I'm not sure which ones yet, I'll be making a trip out to Heirloom soon to decide.

Teresa

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    14 years ago

I see that Good Life is one of the sale roses. I bought one this year and so far it's showing promise. Very fragrant, beautiful color. For so cheap it might be interesting to compare notes if anyone is interested in trying one.....I'm wondering if anyone has grown The poet?.....Also, for those with the info, are there any miniatures listed for sale? I didn't see anything on the link that decobug supplied.

• kforrest
    14 years ago

Does anybody know how long it normally takes to receive roses from Heirloom? I ordered a couple mini's earlier this week and havent heard anything yet. I obviously want to plant asap.

I know there is a mini rose forum but since I'm hear what do you think about planting 2 small mini's in a great big 24" pot?

• greenhaven
    14 years ago

kforrest, there is a placed on the order form for stating when you want your roses to arrive. I know it is already the end of July, but I hope that by selecting "end of July" on the order form they will get the idea that I want mine ASAP.

• texaslynn
    14 years ago

I ordered mine during the "no shipping" sale which just ended. I got mine no later than a week - it was very fast. But I also think they were getting the orders out before the next sale (the current 1/2 off one) started!!!

Lynn

• allison64
    14 years ago

decobug, thanks for the heads up! I think....:-P
    WillametteMom, glad to hear it is a good one. I could use a good one. (Things have been rather cankerous around here.) I was a Willamette Mom for a few years, late 1990s. (My husband didn't acclimate :0) So we are back here in San Diego.) Thanks for the info.

Allison

Original Author
    14 years ago

No miniatures on sale this time...

Usually they ship the week after the order comes in unless you state otherwise...

Another option for northern growers is to pot up the roses in a 2 gallon or larger pot and keep them close to the house during the winter, or in the garage/shed etc... I have bands from last fall that are still in their pots

• allison64
    14 years ago

decobug, I swear I saw mini Jeanne LaJoie
    ARS merit rating: 9.3!

Allison

• wren_garden
    14 years ago

Are the bands you get this time in the season bigger then the ones you get from them in the spring?This was the 3rd spring season I purchased rose bands from Heirloom and they were the smallest I'd ever received. They are putting on some growth, three of the seven have put out a few flowers but it has made me a little weary of getting some now.

• texaslynn
    14 years ago

Mine were the same size as the Spring bands - which isn't a problem for me since I have a long growing season but I can certainly see how it might be for those who have winter looming around the corner.

Lynn

• roseberri, z6
    14 years ago

decobug thanks! my husband will not thank you, but I do! I ordered 5 but one is for my cousin as a thank you. To those of you warning about planting late, I too have planted in August(tiny bands) and they lived and thrived. That said they weren't Austins, which might need special care.
    roseberri

• gochrisgo75
    14 years ago

I'm planted two Heirloom Roses (Yesterday, Cottage Garden) in containers in my roof garden in Brooklyn, NY in early June. They are doing very well.

I'm considering buying a few more, but am worried that they will not last the winter. Its great to hear from other gardeners in colder zones that their sales roses made it. Now I'm re-considering.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of my Heirloom Roses

• twotut
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    I was on Heirloom Roses site for several hours and I am champing at the bit to order the 2 I fell in love with;
    Morning Has Broken and Frau Karl Druschki. But I've got to wait till the first of the month.....payday...POOP!! Oh I was truley pitiful in my begging but I still have to wait!

Heirloom Roses was the one place I found the love of my life(besides my husband, of course..) and that would be Lynn Anderson Hybrid Tea. Look it up! It's breath taking and it does VERY well during the winter with snow getting to about 3' high (I live in zone 8)
    If for some reason the roses I want aren't available be-
    cause I waited......SOMEBODY.....will hear about it and hear about and hear about it!
    Wish I could get alot more!!

Original Author
    14 years ago

allison64 no Jeanne Lajoie in the sale roses... I do notice however that some are starting to sell out...

• pinkie_z8ala
    14 years ago

This is the LAST DAY of the sale!