xman_gw

Parwal: How to tell if male or female

xman

Hello,

I have a few parwal plants that are a couple of months old, is there anyway to tell which is male or female? or do I have to wait till they flower?

Parwal Plants

{{gwi:388552}}

thanks,

xman

• xman

harsha,

I have tried this technique for ivy gourd (tindora?) many, many times, and have never been successful to grow this from seed.

Will work with snake gourd if you are able to get a mature snake gourd from the store. Many times the gourds you buy are mature enough to just sprout if you plant the seeds, no special treatment needed. You can buy snake gourd online easily too.

regards,

xman

• harsha zone5b

Ivy gourd when i see it online i am just not sure if the breed is going to be the same as the one we get Indian store and hence i thought about trying this technique. I had tried ripening it and put it in a bowl to dry but I forgot about it. The seeds where stuck to the bowl and i could not remove it without damaging it. I guess i would need to try it again as I dont know anyone in my area from whom i can get a cutting for ivy gourd.

Snake Guard may be next spring i will try using the seeds from the store brought veggie.

Painting our Foyer!

I think the idea of a crisp white foyer and the black accents will be stunning. See picture below. The designer indicates they used a variety of whites from the Benjamin Moore 900 series including Cloud White. Link to project: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/hello-can-you-please-tell-me-the-exact-dsvw-vd~70948

Pet Peeve: Toilet Seats - Up or Down?

WHERE CAN I GET THE DAVID HASSELHOFF LID ?!?!?!?!?!?!? i'm german, i need it !!! (i'm not kidding, if you have the info, i'll take it!!) we learned the hard way with the lid up... my toddler accidentally bumped the deodorant and it got wedged so beautifully perfect into the toilet, that the whole toilet had to be replaced :/ LID DOWN ! :)) xoxo eva @ MONARCHSOFAS.COM ** CLICK HERE TO VIEW HUNDREDS OF FINISHED CUSTOM SOFA AND CUSTOM SECTIONAL PROJECTS LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

POLL: Cat person vs. Dog person

We have Loc he’s a black GatorMouth Pit, Max is a tan WolfHybrid, Fang is a black & white Siberian Husky, Rocky is a Rott Weiler, Chloė is a chestnut brown teacup chihuahua, KittyPerry is a longhair grey, black & white cat, Tabitha is a shorthair tabby cat, Eminem is a longhair black cat, Boooger (I did NOT name her) is a blue & yellow macaw, Snickers, Twix & Whatchamacallit are our three leopard geckos and Little Girl & Little Boy who are our two California gopher snakes... we kinda love animals!!!

POLL: How do we feel about purple?

I have notice that purple seems to be a colour with which both females and males ( married) are comfortable. I have seen purple sofa set in married couples living rooms, on tv settings for a show, but I think a large majority of bachelors might not go for that colour if buying alone , the ladies probably would, I personally love the colour but not so much that it will dominate a room, otherwise, it demands, a careful consideration of other furnishing to match it.
  • xman

You will have to get Ivy gourd cuttings or roots from somebody on this forum, that is your best bet. I have had success with kantola, parwal, and others using the above technique, but always failed to sprout even a single ivy gourd. Maybe you will have better luck. Check the Indian stores in spring, a lot of them carry ivy gourd plants for sale, at least they do in TX.

• harsha zone5b

I have not even seen curry plant in Kansas city Indian stores :(

I doubt it they would have ivy gourd plant.

• harsha zone5b

So i tried growing tindora from store brought one. foudn tindora that was ripe so thought may be i can sprout the seeds. tried waiting for more than 60 days no luck.

Xman do you know anyone that i can get the cutting from? I will pay the postage price. I want to grow it this summer.

• niruvilas

i am also interested to grow Larval plant if you know now that its growing good please let us know or share the plant with me if you have extra i will pay for it I'm in FL Thanks Vilas

• niruvilas

Parval plant to grow not Larval sorry computer did spell check on me Vilas

• more200201

HI xman, did your kantola plant bear any kantola? I've heard kantola can be grown via bulbs only.

• Radha Santhapuri

Hi,I have Tindora plants for sale for $15 + shipping and handling.

• patelmridula

Hi Xman do you take kantola plant in door in winter? I left my out in ground & they died. I am in TX too

• arindam_basu_sarkar

I want to plant parwal. Can anybody supply me one male and a few female plants/cuttings please? I shall pay for the plants + shipping.

• mansoon

hi , i have parwal grown from seeds . they are now 2 to 3 years old but none of them has flowered. can anyone tell me how to get the plant to flower.

• kathyvakamudi

Kathy.V

I can provide as many cuttings from my plant ,but it is a female plant can any one spare a cutting from male plant. for exchange for female tindora, , bitter gourd seeds, or dosakai seeds.

• niruvilas

Hi Kathy I have male plant no flowers, I can send you cutting from that, if you provide me your femail cuttings in exchange, let me know, I live in west palm beach FL where do you live

• kathyvakamudi

I definitely send you healthy mature stems as well as thin stems you can root. I live St.louis. provide me address to ship to. Great timing weather wise to start cuttings.

• niruvilas

here is my niruvilas@rcn.com send me yours and I will send the address Thanks

• Da Desai

I would like parval and kantola cuttings. Will pay thanks.i am in Tx.

• kathyvakamudi

parval cuttings yes, kantola grow from seeds, don't propagate from cuttings.

• niruvilas

Hi kathyvakamudi, what happen I am waiting for your reply(email) so i can send the cuttings please let me know Thanks Vilas

• junaid123

Hi Kathy

Appreciate the tindora cuttings

I could share curry leaf seeds ( this is the indian plant)

my email is maharashtrian@yahoo.com

JAY

• junaid123

Appreciate padwal and krishna tulsi cuttings from someone, willing to send curry leaf plant seeds

• kathyvakamudi

thulasi plant will not grow from cuttings, only seeds, I have plenty just sprinkle the seeds on soil,then lightly sprinkle soil on top of the seeds so they don't get washed off, germinates in 3-4 days.

• junaid123

Thanks Kathy

DO u think u can share a few tindora cuttings

• kathyvakamudi

sure give me e mail and address

• junaid123

Hi Kathy

Can u ping me at maharashtrian@yahoo.com. I can mail the address

I can also share with u the plants I have

Appreciate it

Jay

• Radha Santhapuri

Hi Junaid, I have tindora cuttings what plants you have ?

• Jigar patel

Hi Kathy,

I have a mature two year old male Parval plant which has been flowring very well in Dallas. I had a female plant which products two fruits and died. I am happy to share male cuttings and would appreciate female cutting. I also have Kantola male and female but they are dormant now. I can share the roots / tubers next year.

I would also like to know how everyone and you have been protecting the tubers / roots of Parval ? My parval came back on its own in Dallas and i had not protected it at all but i want to do something for Kantola plant.

Thanks

Jigar

• niruvilas

Hi Jigar, I believe I have one Parval plant grown from seed from last 2 years , nice vine and get lots of white flys and i had to cut it but again it grows back no flowers, Kathy has Tindola not Parval I did sent her my Tindora plant to her, her was not giving her fruit, I f you can share with me Parval and Kantola I will send you Tindora Plant if you need, I am in Fl My name is Vilas Shah

• kathyvakamudi

Kathy,

Hi Jigar,i

I live in Midwest I take several cuttings slightly woody branches about 18 inches long and dig out the tubers and save the tubers in a pot full of soil , stick the cuttings in the same soil about 1/3 the length into the soil and leave it in my basement until spring. I did this 3 weeks ago and already see tiny new shoots, if they grow they will be weak and limpy, I pinch of the branches. it will not hurt the growth.

Kathy

• junaid123

Hi Jigar

read a few of the blogs and was wondering if I could get the cuttings for parval and kantola. A great deal of Friends in the SF Bay area would be very thankful to u if we can get a cutting and then we all share it from that. Also what would u appreciate in return plz let us know

• kathyvakamudi

sure but you have to wait till june /july to get good branches, well enough to give new roots and new shoots.

• niruvilas

Hi Jigar

this is Vilas i also love to have some cuttings for Prval and Kantola if you can share , i live in west palmFL if you need something else from here I can always send it to you please let me know Thanks

• Pratima Patel

Anybody have purple taro roots.?

• ukrishna100

Hi - can anyone spare tindora cuttings or tubers - Male & Female. I live in S.Florida - and have plants for curry leaves, startfruit and Indian Boarage/ Kalpuravalli to trade. Also have moringa tree cuttings

• niruvilas

send me your address and Iwill share with you Tindora Vilas

• ukrishna100

Thanks -my address is 2705 Edegwwater Court Weston FL 33332

• ukrishna100

Forgot to mention - also looking for parwal cuttings. Please check above to see if any of my plants are of interest. Was wondering if parwal is as easy to grow as tindora - or are they both tricky because of the male female plants needed

• junaid123

Hi Niruvilas

Would it be possible to get the tindora cuttings

Would appreciate it a lot

• Sunny Patel

Hi Radha Santhapuri and Niruvilas can you send some kantola and parval and tindora roots ,vilas i will pay for them and for shipping also. i live in nj have nice greenhouse in backyard. my email is Queen13@comcast.net

• Salam Quazi

Can I get some male and female parwal cutting root please, I will pay the cost and shipping, thanks

• indianveggieplanter

I need parwal cutting male and female both and also kantola bulb. If anybody do please share. I will pay for cutting and bulbs + shipping as well.

• divya suseela

I need Parval cuttings male and female both.I can share Spine gourd or Kantola seeds once I receive them.Or Ridge gourd/Bottle Gourd/Snake Gourd/Guar seeds .I will pay for Cutting+shipping as well.TIA

last year

Hi
    kathyvakamudi could you please send me a cutting of a male Tindora plant ? I have one and it produced lot of flowers and bud drop so assuming it is a Female plant ?

I can pay for shipping etc. My email is jvgarden68@gmail.com

I live in Northern California zone 9b so can start growing any time.

Thank you

• Naushad Ansari
    last year

Hello Xman.

My slef Naushad From mumbai india. I am doing farming in parwal in inda 20 Acer. So i want talk to you abojt the parwal. So please provide your number. My numbar is +917618610708

Thanks.

Regards.

Naushad Ansari.

• Madhuri Das

Hi,

I am looking for Parwal cutting or roots. Can anyone help me how can I get those? my contact number is 2156924588

• junaid123

Hi Everybody,

I am still searching for the kantola (spiny gourd ) and the parval ( (pointed gourd) plants - roots and tubers

Appreciate if someone can help -

also u can let me know if u r looking for some specific plants and I may be able to barter

U can reach me at maharashtrian@yahoo.com

Thank u

• niruvilas

I tried growing Parval from seed, vine is doing good but no flowers, so i have no idea how its going to work keep you inform if something change

• niruvilas

i have a huge plant of Gunda (Lesoda,Chordia Dichotoma, tree, this is the first year i got flowered, but Berrty(Gunda) is too small and get riped, does not get bigger like indian Gunda pickel please if any one has this plant guide me, should I wait one more year for fruit it will get bigger? please let me know Thanks Vilas

• junaid123

Hi Vilas, did u grow multiple seeds, as one may not be enough for the fruiting.

• Amit Parmar

Hi fellow gardeners.. this is Amit Parmar. I am trying tindora, parval and kantola since 3 yrs. Only last year they successfully germinated. But flowers didn't fruit as all female plants. Didn't realize to save tubers till it was too late. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I can pay if someone can send me tubers/cuttings of male and female plants.

My id is amithparmar@gmail.com. thank you in advance.