0
Find the right pro for your project

need ideas for landscaping pond

nina_gretta
October 9, 2005

I have a new pond. (well not new but new to me) I have 1 turtle that loves to eat my lilies and a few gildfish. All living here longer then me. My problem is I have no idea what I can plant around and in the pond that will survive out Tucson heat. I'll try to post a pictuer but not to sure on how to do this.

• Garden_trolip

How deep is your pond? Is it in full sun? Shade? Does it have a filter? A picture would be great! Then we can give you some ideas :)

• nina_gretta

I will give you as much info as I can but can not figure out how to attach a pict.
    Yes it is in full sun, It is about 3 1/2 -4 ft deep, about 6-7 feet wide. It is actually 2 ponds conected by a river bed(not actually deep enough to hold water) Both ponds are cement and have individual filters. The cement comes up about 2-4 inches over the sides and currently had rocks around it. I'd love to get a picture of it out but am not very good with computers. :)

• Garden_trolip

Nina, e-mail a pic to me and I'll post it for you ;)

• Garden_trolip

Heres the pond pic :) Cannas do great in the pond in full sun, Taro, Rush...the list goes on and on. It's a shame that the area between the 2 ponds is to high for water to connect them :( Do you feed the turtle? Maybe feeding him will keep him from munching on the plants? I'm sure someone else will come along with great suggestions :)
    {{gwi:421509}}