0

I bought a cultivar labeled 'Hilda Honeycutt' and want to know ..

kevin_dunham

Hello,

I bought a cultivar labeled "Hilda Honeycutt" and want to know if anyone can tell me anything about this cultivar - what zones it tolerates, what it likes or dislikes, any experiences you have had with "Hilda".

It is a beautiful plant - dark glossy leaves and rose-red formal blossoms. So, I hope it will work for me in my zone. I am willing to pamper it, which I may have to do since my area is amrginal for camellia cultivation.

Thank you for your help.

• florence_2007

Kevin, I did not find the listing in the nomenclature books nor in the International Camllia Register. Perhaps you could contact your nursery and get advise from them and the grower.
    It will be interesting to hear about it as it sounds very nice.
    Perhaps it has not been registered yet with the American Camellia Society.

• kevin_dunham

Thank you for your response, Florence, - I will check with the nursery (Pope Plant Farms of Tennessee)and let you know what I find out!

-Kevin

• john_williams_tomdodd_com

are you still looking for info on cam hilda honeycut

• aufan1999

Reviving this thread so I can hopefully learn about this cultivar. Bought mine from Lowes this fall but can't find any info or pictures online. Will try to post a picture of the bloom one they start to open so others can see what it looks like due to the lack of info out there who n this one.

• aruz

From http://nucciosnurseries.com/index.php/camellias/hilda-jamieson-detail :

Large semi-double with ruffled petals. Deep pink shading to white at base. Vigorous, upright, open growth. M-L

---

I haven't found any pictures either.

• joygayle228
    This is the best that I can do. I am also trying to find out planting requirements. I have very little, to almost No shaded areas to plant....YET!!! I have planted lots of trees on my 2.+ acre lots of cleared land around our home. I love some of the brilliant shade requiring plants. Now I need to know if my new addition can withstand some evening sun, as most of my shaded planting area only gets morning shade and evening sun. Please help. I dont want to kill it. Thanks. Bless all your gardening creations in Jesus's holy name, all you greenthumbers out there...or in my case wanna be greenthumbers. Lol

• florence_2007

I did not see that variety listed in the nomenclature books. Must not be registered

• angieroper

Hey, i bought that same plant (HildaHoneycuttCamellia) from Lowe's this year Oct 2017 to plant in zone 8a (GA) in a spot that gets 4 hrs. morning sun. Now that our weather has finally begun having cool nights, we'll be planting it this w/e Nov 11. So, just checking, to learn of the progress with yours.

• florence_2007

If you still have the tag will you check who the nursery is? Thanks