bikerdoc5968

Gymnocalycium mihanovichii var. friedrichii

I never know which is the correct name for this little beauty but I'm certain someone will clarify the issue. That's not the reason I'm posting this thread. About two years ago.... maybe a bit longer, the mother cactus produced seed which I planted and now have a ton of seedlings, one of which is going to flower!!!! I know for many of you who grow from seed, this is no big deal, but please give me my day in the sun because to see flowers beginning on such a small plant is news to me. The mother plant is in the foreground and has been flowering non-stop for the past several months. Don't know what to do with all of these seedlings!!! Anybody interested?????? I think the group on the left are smaller because they were in a small compot and divided out into single pots much later than the larger ones. Also, you might be able to see some of the smaller ones are more red and this may be why they are smaller. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to stop by and take a peek.

{{gwi:548919}}

{{gwi:548921}}

{{gwi:548923}}

• jeepman69

Howard I understand your enthusiasm! I have yet to grow any from seed. I have been looking into some different seeds offered trying to decide what to start with. I would love to have one or two. : )

Shoot me an email, I don't have much but we may be able to do some trading.

Congradulations on your acheivement!

Glenn

• Microthrix

Omg would i want one??? Yes! I had one but it got root rot and i have never been able to find one ... what do you want for it?

• wallydraigle

I'd love to take one off your hands. I've got a nice rooted pup of a white, night-blooming Echinopsis I can offer in trade if you're interested. My email is wallydraigle@gmail.com

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI

Wally, I've got at least two white Echinopsis. Take a look at my trade list and see if anything clicks.

Microthrix maybe you could also check out the trade list and see what we might work out. Then email me and put something about cactus in the subject line.