seedmoney

Is this Pachyphytum oviferum, aka Moonstones?

seedmoney

Would appreciate a confirmation or denial of name of succulent I picked up at a bbs and am nursing back to health. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Is this Pachyphytum oviferum?

• lzrddr

I don't think so... I think that plant is Pachyphytum amethystinum... oviferum has bluer and rounder leaves even than your plant.

• spapa

It is Graptopetalum amethystinum. Izrddr is correct that Pachyphytum oviferum has bluer and rounder leaves. However, the photo in his/her post is not P. oviferum either; it looks like Pachyphytum bracteosum.

• seedmoney

Thanks lzrddr and spapa for pointing me in the right direction.
    I imagine I will have to wait for blooms for a positive id.

I find it maddening differentiating Graptopetalum amethystinum and Pachyphytum amethystinum.
    regards, seedmoney

• lzrddr

Here's another shot of my plant (acquired as P oviferum)

• lzrddr

and still another

• seedmoney

Thanks, birdguide--very helpful picture.
    Would you happen to have a Pachyphytum amethystinum you could contrast side by side with the Graptopetalum amethystinum?

• birdguide

I don't think there is an amethystinum sp. in the Pachyphytum genus. I believe Graptopetalum amethystinum is sometimes mistakenly referred to as P. Amethystinum. Check the link below.

• birdguide

Sorry. Here's the link to the pachyphytum page I was referring to.

http://crassulaceae.net/pachyphytummenu/64-speciespachyphytum/157-genus-pachyphytum-uk