0
Find the right pro for your project

The Pinus cembra Saga - New Broom discovered

mesterhazypinetum
October 8, 2011

Mr. Malik sent me some photos of a newly discovered cembra broom. Pinus cembra Olga is found by Mr. Komarek of Cesko and named after his wife.

Good luck to Olga!

Pinus cembra �Olga�

Pinus cembra �Olga�

Zsolt

• bluespruce53

can't see anything! ??

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

its right justified blue... scroll that direction ...

ken

• bluespruce53

Ooops! yep! got it now ken, cheers :o)

• mesterhazypinetum

Gentlemen,
    the object is captured, hunters are well, but please. We have to wait some years for the ready plants.

As the God created the World, the first days were probably misty, dusty, darky and sometimes stormy. The capture is documented, this is important now. Welcome 'Olga'.

Zsolt
    conifertreasury.org

• tunilla

Patience is timeless, Zsolt ;we wish the baby and the mother (and the 'surgeons') many years of happiness! T.

• mesterhazypinetum

tunilla,
    30 years ago life was a bit slower. There were found 10-20 brooms a year on the world. Now daily 20-30, and sometimes my friends send me some photos about the captures. Now we live in an other world.
    Zsolt
    conifertreasury.org

• coniferjoy

Szolt, very nice and compact broom!
    I hope to see some of Olga's babies next year at the yearly witches' broom meeting in Cesco.
    Time is going always to slow if a new discovery will be propagated.
    In all other situations time is going to fast :0)

• tunilla

You guys used to drive around in motorcars with 2-stroke engines...the more smoke,the better!No wonder life seemed slower! And you couldn't see the brooms because of the smoke either!!! Joking apart, I know the feeling ;I'm fifty-six and the speed at wich the years go by makes my head spin! Luckily plants and gardening in general seem to have a soothing effect on it all. Makes me go back in time.
    Ask Dax- he can travel backwards AND forwards in time...special people,these gardeners! So long! T.

• coniferjoy

The movie "Back to future" was based on that :0)

• gardener365

I'm moving to France to double my powers.

Dax

• mesterhazypinetum

There are no brooms in France, Dax, just sunshine in the south.
    Zsolt

• gardener365

Sunday I'm hunting for brooms with Denny, wish us luck!

Dax

• sluice

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Komarek!

And to Dax and Denny - may the force be with you.

• coniferjoy

Howdy Dax, in which area are you going to hunt for brooms and what kind of trees are growing at that location?
    For sure is that it aint brooms of Pinus cembra :0)

• mesterhazypinetum

Good luck Dax!
    Take a good camera for artistic photos, the guys like professional documentation. :)

Zsolt

• gardener365

Thanks gentlemen we're looking forward. I'm finally headed to this place near where I live called: Big River Forest which is 2900 acres of: strobus/banksiana/resinosa/ and I hear there is densiflora and some rigida. Denny's been there I haven't.

Laters,

Dax

• coniferjoy

Dax, Pinus densiflora is also growing there? I always had in mind that these are native in Japan :o)

• Ament

Good Luck Dax!!

Be sure to get some photos too please? :)

~Tina