nulty

Autumn Blooms,..2012,..(233 Pictures)

nulty

The 1st of August started our Autumn though it does not feel or look like Autumn,..all the pictures shown were taken in the past 14 days with the latest towards the end,..this is a very long video,..all of 19 minutes and 25 seconds,..if you are viewing i suggest do so with coffee in hand,..enjoy.

Video===Autumn Blooms 2012.

• ogrose_tx

Glengarry, thank you, I'll watch this tomorrow morning with coffee in hand; you are so talented with your pictures and I thoroughly enjoy!

Here in Texas it's pretty much over 100 Degrees every day, this will last into September, it will finally cool off and be beautiful weather in October.

Best regards,
    ogrose

• nulty

Thank you ogrose,..hope you had a large coffee in hand,..you certainly are having high temperatures in Texas,..while here its heavy rain for the past week.

• nulty

Verbascum Nigrum.

They have grown over six foot.

• nulty

Pink Hollyhock.

• nulty

Lemon Hollyhock.

• nulty

Crocosmia.

• nulty

Papaver somniferum.

• nulty

Laurie's Golden Orange,..at sunset.

• nulty

Delphinium.

• nulty

Delphinium.

• nulty

Calendula.

Over 2Ft high.

• mantis__oh

Really like the last pic of the calendula with visitor that blends with the golden russet tones. Lemon hollyhocks also caught my eye.

• nulty

Hi Mantis,..i was very pleased to see those Hollyhocks bloom,..the friend who gave me the seeds just said Hollyhock seeds mixed,..these blooms are a bonus,..as for the little visitor on the Calendula,..this year was the first time i came across them they took to the Poppies,..lots of them and spilled over to the other flowers,..no complaints from me they are attractive little things.

• nulty

Wasps i think.

• nulty

A sunny view Thursday the 16th.

• Ispahan Zone6a Chicago

I think your "wasps" are actually hover flies or syrphid flies! They are gentle pollinators and do not bite or sting.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden with us!

• nulty

Hi ispahan,
    you were right about them not biting or stinging,..as i was in the garden this morning one landed on my shoulder and a second on my right hand,..which held the camera,..but i still managed a shot of the one on my thumb.

• nulty

Some big roses,..this rose bush grows to approx 10 Ft,..i prune it at the end of its flowering season and again at the start of spring,..it still reaches 10 Ft in a short space of time,..i always have to bend the cane to look at the roses.

• nulty

Crocosmia.

• nulty

I grew several rose bushes last year from seeds,..none of the roses turned out like the parent rose,..i gave them all away bar four,..three have not bloomed but the fourth has one bloom,..again nothing like the parent yellow rose.

• nulty

The yellow is the parent rose pictured yesterday,..as it appears in spring,.. its a lot bigger and fuller earlier in the season,..alongside what i would describe as a peachy rose,..that's the one from seed,..its interesting to see what will bloom from seeds,..time consuming but its fun.

• schoolhouse_gw

I hadn't opened this thread for awhile. Wow, how nice to see so much color in one's garden in August.

• nulty

Thank you Schoolhouse,..August which is Autumn in my garden is as good as summer time and it looks like September could be as good,..strange seasons!.

Calendula.