0
Find the right pro for your project

New to caring for Hardy Fuchsia plants...

EllisRuby

I have recently bought a hardy fuchsia plant. I'm a complete newbie to owning and caring for plants. Please could someone help me out with how often they will need watering (i.e. each day/week) and how to give them the most beneficial care. It is currently in a pot and will be inside a flat is there a specifically suitable place to put it in this environment (I get alot of sunlight in my flat during summer, it is currently by a window in a warm room).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks :)

• MzMolly65

I don't live in your area but you might find the information you're looking for at this website.

http://www.solentfuchsia.co.uk/index.html

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Bad news, I'm afraid EllisRuby. Fuchsias are not suited to indoor growing (apart from in a greenhouse) and hardy types even less so. Do you have a balcony or even a window box? Hardy Fuchsias can overwinter outdoors here and the last thing they need is a 'warm room'. They need plenty of light but will fry on a window sill. They are also prey to aphids inside. As for watering they need it when they are dry and that is not predictable by a schedule. Sorry not to be more positive but they really aren't a good choice for a house plant.

For future plant purchases I would find out the best candidates for the conditions in your flat and then buy a plant which suits those conditions.