0

Angel's Earrings in the heat- Check it out

fairfield8619

Planted a Cascading Angel's Earrings last year and it sort of got crowded out and did not do much, I thought it had died. We had a low of 16F and two days below freezing and they came back and are doing exceptionally well. More than the cold I am still amazed at the heat tolerance, I'm in NW La not too far from the TX border, so it is hot hot hot in the 90's(97F today) and the humidity is unreal of course. Hot all night too. I just ordered five of the other new selections since this has done so well, they're small so they won't get planted out until next year and I can't wait. Why did they didn't come up with this sooner I wonder? The only one they did not have is the double red, I'll have to order it another time.

• ifraser25

Judging from your photo I would say you have got it just about right. Keep them in shade and always watered and you will not have any long-term problems. If you are worried about cold - you really shouldn't be in LA - mulch them with leaf litter/ mold in the late fall. Good luck. Ian.

• fairfield8619

Thanks Ian, I do have to worry a bit about cold, especially for these fuchsias, LA is Louisiana and not Los Angeles.