Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shasta_2008

Any plant swaps in NE/Ohio W/PA for 2008?

shasta_2008
16 years ago

Are there any plant swaps around NE Ohio & Western PA for 2008?

Comments (7)

• princess_mimi
    16 years ago

You're welcom to come to ours in Hilliard. We are near Columbus and very easy to find. You can get info on this forum under "Central Ohio Plant Swap and Pot Luck".

Hope to see you there!

~~Mimi

• kin2mice
    16 years ago

keetssix@neo.rr.com is the email to get ahold of Twila
    I have always found them to be small but lots of fun. The one in Columbus is also a blast much much bigger! Here is the info I have.

This will be our first swap. It is going to be held at the Fireman Park at Augusta, Ohio right off Route 9, I am going to post a map later and some information on the Garden Web. This swap will be on June 7. Trading items should be bulbs, shrubs, potted plants, items should be marked with care information and name if available. Everyone is asked to bring a dish for the pot luck lunch, with untensil and plates, cups for their self and their own drinks. We will furnish the shelter. All items should be plants or plant and gardening items. If you would like to donate a door prize it would be nice, it could be anything, a special flower, garden ornament something you would like to receive. This is a great way to share your extra plants and to get some new ones. It is fun to meet new gardeners in your area and enjoy a great lunch.
    People should arrive around 10:00 am and we will eat at noon. The swap we begin at 1:00 oclock with a round robin swap. We have had a large interest in this swap and are excited about it, I hope you can come. I have been to the fall Columbus swap, and I love going but in the spring we are out of state and can't go, so we thought we would have our own at a later date. Twila

• jeanie43945
    16 years ago

Shasta, Augusta is about about 45 minutes from the Pittsburgh air port and it is an easy drive . no large towns ,or lots of traffic .Lots of interest so should be lots of plant material. Hope to see you there . Jeanie . New e-mail address. spindie@excite.com

• chrizty
    15 years ago

ive never been to a swap, what do you do? do you have to pay to get in?

• jeanie43945
    15 years ago

Chrizty. I do hope you can make the swap, You do not have to pay to get in. Nothing is sold.We have people coming from West Virginia and Pa. What do we do, we swap plants , and eat some good food .Meet and talk to people who share the same interest. We have some really nice door prizes donated . The community has got behind this thing , and I think it will be good size . Any more questions , just ask , will try and answer, just hope we see you there. jeanie

• chrizty
    15 years ago

thanks jeanie
    i seen the augusta topic n posted in there, hope i can go:)

• penguingardener
    15 years ago

There's a garden swap coming up in Pittsburgh in Frick Park. May 31. More details at the link below.

I went last year (volunteered actually). It was fun and I brought home some neat items. I brought a bunch of small self-watering containers too. I have a couple more I may bring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frick Park Plant Swap - Pittsburgh

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County