Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homerepairtutor

Sliding Glass Door Hardware-How We Updated Our Style for Under $23

Jeff Patterson
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
I was so tired of seeing our worn out sliding glass door hardware. Last weekend I decided to dedicate a little bit of time and money to this project.

Our interior doors have oil rubbed bronze handles and hinges. And I wanted the sliding glass door handle to match. We could have bought a handle but I wanted to save a few bucks (more than a few bucks as it turns out!).

This is a really nice weekend project you can tackle. For more info on how to do it and some cool before & after pics click on this hyperlink http://www.homerepairtutor.com/sliding-glass-door-hardware/

Comments (14)

• User
    11 years ago
    Great look!
  • traciel
    11 years ago
    wow!!!!
  • PRO
    Kaplan Architects, AIA
    11 years ago
    Very nice idea. How does the paint hold up over time?
  • Jeff Patterson
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I'll have to let you know about how the paint holds up. I just did the project a few weeks ago :). But I've always had a great experience with Rust Oleum products.
  • norgen
    11 years ago
    This is awesome I have chipping brass hardware on my sliding doors I am doing this next weeken. Fabulous tutorial.
  • Jeff Patterson
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Norgen, glad I could help :)
  • PRO
    Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Now that's innovative!
  • Jeff Patterson
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I'm always looking to save a buck! Lol.
  • PRO
    Christopher James Interiors
    11 years ago
    Great idea! Will use this tip to update the old brass fixtures when on a budget. Thanks for sharing.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    I would like to add that this is a great solution for brass in rough shape, but if you have good quality brass and think that it's outdated, you might be glad to know that brass is on its way back. It's a classic finish and there's always a place for great quality brass, especially in a traditional or historic house.
  • PRO
    Bella Company
    6 years ago

Yes, Brass and gold is coming back, as a Picture Frame Manufacturer im receiving more and more request for gold picture frames.

• PRO
    Mega Builders
    6 years ago

Nicely done!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    6 years ago

Great job!

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions