Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klee73

Kristen Lee
13 years ago
Any ideas on the type of tile flooring and where one might purchase this size of tile?
living room · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Paul Anater
    13 years ago
    That is a large-format porcelain tile. Tile that big was pioneered by Italian manufacturers but plenty of other have climbed on board. The Italian Trade Commission maintains a website for italian tile available int he US and Canada.

That site has all of their member manufacturer's websites and an interactive list of US distributors.

http://italytile.com/
  • PRO
    Kristen Lee
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    Paul,

Thanks for all they great info! Very helpful.
  • PRO
    JAR Construction Company
    12 years ago
    Porcelanosa
  • Jackeline Rodriguez
    11 years ago
    can't you please tell me where i find that red you have in the wall.is look like cherry red
  • rogerc
    11 years ago
    Hi nancydesign - What did you mean by 'steel looking grout joints'?
  • PRO
    JAR Construction Company
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    She is probably talking about the chrome or metal beads that can be installed with the tile. There are channels and beads, of varying widths and heights to match the width of the any grout joint. They come in different tones and finishes too. They are chrome plated brass in my bathroom, and were around $30 a stick (8') from Porcelanosa. My salesperson referred to them as "trims". Home depot and most tile shops sell them as anodized aluminum,
    for under $10. They are shaped like an "L" and one leg is set into the thinset below the tile, so the exposed edge looks like a grout joint. I also used them as wall cap and to frame out a nook.
  • rogerc
    11 years ago
    Thanks JAR! I see now... a nice subtle touch. I'll be sure to consider them in our bathroom renovations... we're selecting finish materials now.