0

Oaxacan Riviera Mexico Beach house Transformation!

katydid02
October 9, 2012
We purchased an un-finished yet lived-in house overlooking and bordering Bahia Santa Cruz, in Bahias de Huatulco in Mexico a few years ago. We knew that the house with views and beach had so much potential, and function as a frame for both! With the professional guidance of Jorge "Coco" Herrera (www.kontrast.com.mx) we transformed a bulky concrete structure into a zen, hip, contemporary beach house that reflects our passions and frames our gorgeous vistas, and gives us access to the perfect beach at the bottom of the property. Three months of concrete removal and 9 months of construction resulted in the birth of Casa Volare, named after the soaring flight of the hillside birds.

More details and photos at www.casavolare.com
  • mindgames1978
    I have to say you did a great job. And your decorator is awesome.
  • Darzy
    Ahhhhh. Heavy sigh! Beautiful.
    KOUBOO
    Wow, I love that fact that you are using natural materials. I guess a few pieces must be local.
  • fabtwigs
    Very nice!
  • katydid02
    Thank you for all your kind comments - we used as much local natural material as possible - we created as much as necessary, it was a very organic process. We harvested bamboo from a friend's ranch, dug driftwood from the beach at La Bocana, found the beautiful wood for the hanging bed, built it all ourselves.
  • finch
    drama...love it
    Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
    what is not to fall in love with? - forwarded your site to my son to share the wealth - mesmerizing might best describe the journey I took through your photos - really quite something!
    Juboka Ltd
    Hanging beds are totally awesome..... I love that 1st photo, and the cool little shelf. Great and inspiring work!
    Juboka Ltd
    wish we could move to Mexico.... we had to move Mexico into our home in California