Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katydid02

Oaxacan Riviera Mexico Beach house Transformation!

katydid02
11 years ago
We purchased an un-finished yet lived-in house overlooking and bordering Bahia Santa Cruz, in Bahias de Huatulco in Mexico a few years ago. We knew that the house with views and beach had so much potential, and function as a frame for both! With the professional guidance of Jorge "Coco" Herrera (www.kontrast.com.mx) we transformed a bulky concrete structure into a zen, hip, contemporary beach house that reflects our passions and frames our gorgeous vistas, and gives us access to the perfect beach at the bottom of the property. Three months of concrete removal and 9 months of construction resulted in the birth of Casa Volare, named after the soaring flight of the hillside birds.

More details and photos at www.casavolare.com

Comments (9)

• mindgames1978
    11 years ago
    I have to say you did a great job. And your decorator is awesome.
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    Ahhhhh. Heavy sigh! Beautiful.
  • PRO
    KOUBOO
    11 years ago
    Wow, I love that fact that you are using natural materials. I guess a few pieces must be local.
  • fabtwigs
    11 years ago
    Very nice!
  • finch
    11 years ago
    drama...love it
  • PRO
    Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
    11 years ago
    what is not to fall in love with? - forwarded your site to my son to share the wealth - mesmerizing might best describe the journey I took through your photos - really quite something!
  • PRO
    Juboka Ltd
    10 years ago
    Hanging beds are totally awesome..... I love that 1st photo, and the cool little shelf. Great and inspiring work!
  • PRO
    Juboka Ltd
    10 years ago
    wish we could move to Mexico.... we had to move Mexico into our home in California