Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barefootgardner12

NEW: 2014 Tomato and Pepper Seed Swap

barefootgardner12
10 years ago

Do you have an abundance of tomato and/or pepper seeds you would like to share?
Welcome to the 2014 Tomato and Pepper Seed Swap!

RULES:

Named varieties only. No mixes or unknown seeds.
Do not send seeds collected from a hybrid plant. F1 seeds only if hybrid.
Minimum 10 seeds per pack.
Maximum 5 packs of the same variety.
Maximum 50 packs per person. Any seed after this amount will be considered bonuses. Bonuses are welcomed.
Please label bonuses.
Indicate on packs whether pepper seeds are hot or sweet.
You will receive back a mixture of tomato and pepper seeds unless you include a note indicating your preference.
Include return address label, return postage and your wish list in your bubble envelope.
Deadline for seeds to be received is January 25, 2014. I will have them returned to you by Feb. 1.

Comments (90)

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol cryptid!
    I don't expect packages today. I forgot that there is no mail delivery.

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol cryptid!

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol cryptid!

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I did NOT hit the submit button three times! lol

• becki25msmolly
    10 years ago

I too forgot about the holiday today My package is on it's way and I put some xtras in there to share Thanks again for doing this, Becki

• risingcreek
    10 years ago

went to mail my seeds and realized I do not have the address. help!

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Risingcreek I sent you an e mail.

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received seeds from paperfinch today.

• FANATIC79
    10 years ago

Seeds went out yesterday. Thanks.

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received seeds from cryptid today.

• detroitgirl77
    10 years ago

Forgot to update, but I sent mine off Tuesday morning!

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received seeds from missyga64 and becki25msmolly.

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received seeds today from:

dmkelly
    fanatic79
    franc
    risingcreek
    smithmal

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I wanted to give you all a quick update while we wait for the last three envelopes to arrive. There has been a good variety of seeds in the swap. I have already started matching wants as the seeds have come in. After I match wants, I will distribute the remaining seeds fairly.

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I didn't finish my post above...
    Thank you all for sharing your seeds!

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received an envelope from lorabell today.

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We are waiting for two confirmed sent envelopes. Meanwhile I am busy sorting. Once the two envelopes arrive, I will start mailing them out.

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Detroitgirl I sent you an e mail.

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received an envelope from mswiggi today!

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

UPDATE: I have some envelopes ready to go out. I am waiting for an envelope to arrive that had to be resent. The first envelope was apparently lost in the mail. I expect it to arrive by Monday. The envelopes are ready and waiting for the rest of the seeds to arrive.
    I had fun putting together seeds for you all! I hope that you all like what I chose for you.
    Please post here when you receive your seeds. I would appreciate it if you all would rate the swap on the Rate and Review forum.
    Thank you to everyone who sent in bonus seeds!

Here is a link that might be useful: barefootgardner12 Rate and Review

• risingcreek
    10 years ago

Can't wait to see seeds I receive. Did not even know there was a rate and review forum, thank you for the link

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Reeeeeally looking forward to sowin' them bad boys comin' my way! :) - I mean this is just total fun, here! You know, being a GardenWebber, joining these uber fun Round Robin swaps is totally the absolute best, as Medontdo (Michelle - aces all the way) proclaimed it would be when I first joined in 2009. The way our lives are these daze, this is the most fun we have anymore, and we love it! Y'all are the greatest! :)

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

I totally agree with Cryptid. One of my trades came when we had arctic weather here in Ohio (yuk!), and I have been stuck inside with a sinus cold for 3 wks.! Those seeds really have been good therapy...dreaming of what to plant and thinking of warm, spring days to come.

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

Adding a second (or is it a third) to that! Trading and researching the new seeds is a great way to chase away the winter blues. The seeds and garden catalogs are coming out so the groundhog had better not see his shadow!

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I totally agree! I call it seed therapy!

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I absolutly agree. . . .
    making sure all my trays are clean and usable,
    checking supplies like labels, milk jugs, seed soil etc.
    making a list of what to start first and for each seed tray after that.

I am so excited about all the new tomatoes and peppers, and other veggies I am going to grow this year and the old favs I am starting for my brothers garden/farm.

When one of our kids calls, they always ask " where's mom" and hubby almost always replies " playing with her seeds".

Happy gardening everyone !

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received the last seed envelope on monday.
    I am on my way out with the remaining 8 envelopes to mail. A few envelopes went out on friday. More went out yesterday, the remaining 8 today. Please let us know when you receve your envelope!

• lorabell_gw
    10 years ago

Seeds received.
    Thank you for the delightful varieties... I am thrilled with the cherry tomatoes selections included. Thanks to all sending such great seeds...very successful exchange. Lorabell

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad you liked the seeds lorabell.

• missyga64
    10 years ago

woohoo. . .highlight of my day so far. . . get home from running errands and find a lovely fat envelope in my mailbox. . . . time to relax and go through all the wonderful seeds. . . .

Thanks so much to everyone and especially BFG12, what a great job you did.

Happy Seed Sorting to All

Missy

• detroitgirl77
    10 years ago

Got my seeds today as well. Some interesting varieties there. Couldn't really dig in since I had to shovel tons of snow before I head to work tonight.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Yeah, yeah, YEAH! Now that's what I'm talkin' `bout! My fantastic package of seeds arrived today also, and ultra-WOW (does this date me?! LOL!!), wotta marvelous mix of cultivars, champing at the bit, veritably itching to fulfill their productive destiny. Gonna be a fun growing season, you bet! - Thank you everyone! What a great swap this is/has been! As always, GardenWeb rocks! Major thanks and appreciation to you, barefootgardner, and additionally for the tasty sounding salsa recipe, which we will most definitely be giving a go! :)

• smithmal
    10 years ago

Seeds received yesterday. I got a lot of great varieties and as cryptid mentioned above a very nice salsa recipe. A big thanks to BFG for moderating this swap. I've been very pleased with the thoughtful communication to let us all know how many were involved in the swap and when we can expect our seeds. I can't wait for to get many of these little guys into the seedling trays to do their magic.

smithmal

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad you all like your seeds. I had a lot of fun with the swap!

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed and to barefootgardner for her work and organizing the swap. I've been researching the ones I haven't heard of and planning what to plant this year. Also, thank you for the salsa recipe. I'll pass it along. The bonus seeds are great too.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Oh yeah,...right (geez),...thank you very much also for the bonus seeds! Dang, I just plum forgot to mention them.

• becki25msmolly
    10 years ago

.....waiting impatiently over here in Indiana...lol I think i'm driving my family crazy...last few days i've had them go down to the mailbox and check for me ... twice.... just in case...lol
    nothing good yet :( I can't wait to go through all the goodies.. Thanks to everyone who participated and an extra thanks to barefootgardener12...... I LOVE trading seeds-- hope your all staying warm, Becki

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

I'm with you Beckie traipsing through the snow and cold to see if the package has arrived. This is better than Christmas! The family says I don't need any more seeds but we still have untilled land in the yard. Maybe today's the day!

• emcd124
    10 years ago

I want to add my thanks and enthusiasm to the chorus of voices as well. Excited to try some new varieties! Thanks to everyone who shared and to our esteemed swap host!

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hang on becki and dmkelly! Maybe it's a snow delay? lol

• becki25msmolly
    10 years ago

lol we've had plenty of snow delays over here so I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow --

• risingcreek
    10 years ago

recd mine thurs, very happy with the mix

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

I got home last night and guess what was in my mailbox! Yes, they finally made it here!!! The salsa recipe looks yummy... can't wait to try that!

My fun little package came to work with me today so I can start learning about the new varieties. As people have walked by I've had laughing, rolling of eyes, and a few "will you grow me some of those?" Thank you everyone!!!!!

• FANATIC79
    10 years ago

Seeds came in. Thank you for the awesome selection, and for hosting the swap.

• barefootgardner12
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think everyone has received their seeds. Thank you to everyone for sharing their seeds! Maybe again next year?

• becki25msmolly
    10 years ago

Just wanted to say that I received the wonderful variety of seeds and can't wait to start researching them all. Sorry, I would have posted sooner but my daughter and I have been very sick since last weekend. Just now getting my energy back. When you break out in a cold sweat just by switching the laundry it's time to climb back into bed. ugh! Thank you everyone for the great seeds. Becki

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

Becki, I hope you and your daughter are feeling better and the seeds cheered you up and served as a reminder that spring will eventually come. I had a sinus cold for a month, then our son brought another one home from work which I caught and am just now getting over. I've decided that someday I will have a winter home in Florida to escape the germ-infested climate in Ohio. Can't wait until spring and have been kept going with seed swaps and seed catalogs - LOL!