oraclexml

Ordering from Tennessee Nursery (tnnursery.net)

oraclexml
9 years ago

Beware of this company. I have a very bad experience with this company. I ordered $700 worth of trees from their websites and I got an email from as follows:

============================

Daer Mr. Gandhi:

Thank you for the order your placed at tnnursery.net.

I do have a slight concern about these trees your purchased to

deliver to Virginia.

Your ordered ball and burlap trees.These trees can not ship normal ups,

they would have to come via a semi common carrier and the rate would be

triple the price of the trees to ship.

But i do have a solution if you'd accept.We can dig the exact same trees and bare root them

and your shipping would on;y be $91.50.Bare root trees must be planted within 5 days

after receival,this is the only diffrence.

I will not do anythign until i hear form you but i do think you'd be satisfied with these trees,

they are very nice and landscape quality as well as being state certified.

Please email me and let me know your thoughts on the above matter and let me know

when you'd want them shipped and i will make sure they get out on time.

Tammy Sons

Tn Nursery

=============================================

I immediately sent an email to cancel the order and left a voice mail too. But they ended-up charging my credit card. I called the credit card company and they told me that they cannot refund my money as Tennessee Nursery (tnnursery.net) has already dug my trees. This is a total FRAUD and I am leaving them messages and they will not even return my call, even though I have given them my cell number.

Please make due diligence before you proceed with this FRAUDULENT company.

Thanks,

Ajay

Comments (64)

• Kym
    4 years ago

Oh wow! I'm glad I ran across this thread. Was about to order there. Thanks for the warning!!!

Featured Answer
  • res17c3k
    4 years ago

Like the negative reviews already posted about TNNursery.Net, I too had a poor experience with this nursery. Wish I had read about them on houzz before I ordered. Their prices were very competitive for bare root trees, and I read up on bare root planting. Articles indicated trees could do very well if shipped correctly and planted relatively soon after arrival. I ordered 40 trees from TNNursery.net, to be 4-5 foot high. What I received were trees of less than 4 feet and had very little roots, as if they were yanked out of the ground. Half of the trees were 18 inches to 3 feet, with even less in the root area, mainly just the tap root that was cut. Of these 40 trees, only 3 are surviving and they are struggling. When I called about the poor quality, I was told that was not possible, that TNNursery had a quality control check on every shipment before it went out. When I offered to send pictures of the trees next to a yardstick, I was told they would issue a credit. On a $450 dollar order, the credit was $25. The difference on their website for the tree size was more in the $150 range. I was also told they would not warranty the trees, as was indicated on their website, because I bought more than 25 trees. What sense does that make. End of the day, the experience with TNNursery.Net was very negative. I would not recommend them to anyone wanting to by quality trees online from a reputable vendor.

• Duane Williams
    4 years ago

I order 501 trees of 5 different varieties. Bur Oak, Autumn Blaze Maple, Catalpa, Common Hackberry and a sugar maple variety. The trees came dry, broken, and lifeless. I planted them along with some trees from Cold Stream Farm (which I highly recommend!). So far I can see a small amount of life on 2 of my 501 trees from Tennessee Nursery. The Cold Stream Farm trees are doing great. Same ground, same time. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM OR ANY OF THEIR WEBSITES MENTIONED ABOVE. If you have gotten down to this comment, I'm certain you will have already made that choice. I'm filing for a refund with PAYPAL. Wish me luck! .....a sad tree lover in Utah :-)

• Karen Smith
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I also had trouble from this "company" many times! I ordered 50 piedmont azaleas and 50 Florida Flame. I did not tag them, but kept one on one side of the irrigation and one on the other. A new employee mixed them up so I had to wait until they bloomed to see which was which. Thank goodness because, although the piedmont were fine the Florida Flame were actually Coastal azaleas. I ordered 100 asclepias tuberosa, got 99 of something but it was not a. tuberosa. I have never figured out what it was. I ordered 100 Cheoanthus virginicus twice ($2.29/ea). Once I got Fraxinius pennsylvatica and the other time I got Lindera benzoin. I ordered Sweetshrub (Calycanthus) and got Pink spirea, ordered oakleaf hydrangea and got Annabelle - nice but not what I ordered. When I called about that they sent more plants but they were not oakleaf, they were more Annabelle plus another clump of Lindera. I ordered winterberry (ilex verticulata) and got black chokeberry (aronia melanocarpa). I could go on and on. You ask why I kept ordering? Because they change their name, change their website, and I am a sucker for a good deal - but not any more. I was just looking for some flats and came across another website which is obviously them - just called Wholesale Online Nursery Co. The telltale signs are - not using the botanical plant names, also if you call for information you will just get a recording telling you to place your order online. Don't fall for it. On a positive note - it has made me an expert in plant identification.

• redheadmiss
    4 years ago

Wish I had looked them up, I also bought from them and they sent dead plants telling me they were dormant, I returned them and they have not replied to mem so I put in a dispute with Pay-Pal. Have not heard back.

• joedirt111
    3 years ago

I ordered 100+ plants from them. They arrived looking dead. I called them to complain and was told they will recover so I planted all 100. The plants never revived and I let them know it. I was told via e-mail to ship them back, so I did. After months waiting for response I asked for credit and was told there is no warranty on the plants. What a business model!

• PRO
    Fruit garden
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

This is suppose to be a wisteria plants dry as a hay!! bare rooted 2 weeks Fedex

And the one with the question mark - believe it or not - A Ginkgo trees ! What a surprize!!!

What a joke this company is. Not only it came more than a month late!! all items are wrong and dead dry!!

• Craftsman Junky
    2 years ago

The company is still a scam, only now they have another new website: www.wholesalenurseryco.com. At the time I ordered, I did not realize they were affiliated with Tennesse Wholesale Nursery; I found out when I saw the charge on my credit card. I ordered in May and I received non-viable plants. They promised they would be well wrapped with moisture. What I received was dry twigs with a paper wrapping that had been pierced by pointy sticks. I wasted $200. This company aggressively defends against customers disputing charges and they pay people to leave good reviews for them. When one website garners too many negative reviews, they simply start a new website. There are more than 100 complaints at the Better Business Bureau page alone, not to mention many, many more at a variety of review sites. They've probably defrauded 1000s of customers in the past 7 years. Stay away.

• bcavender
    2 years ago

Interesting point. Wonder if anyone has ever turned them into the TN Attorney General's office?

The fewer "low end" crimes not prosecuted, the higher criminals will push their activities.

• Craftsman Junky
    2 years ago

I consulted an attorney about filing a class action and she recommended I start with filing a customer complaint with the FTC: https://www.ftc.gov/. They have a category for "Online Shopping." I'd recommend folks who have been cheated by this fraudulent company complain with the FTC.

• Karen Smith
    2 years ago

Thank you - I will do that.

• Karen Smith
    2 years ago

I entered an FTC complaint this evening and would encourage others to do the same. These people need to just stop. Thank you for your attention to this @Craftsman Junky

• PRO
    Fruit garden
    2 years ago

I just did too filed a complaint and requested class action case to be opened at https://topclassactions.com. It is insane how those people can get away with anything...

• Yassin Abdelnaby
    2 years ago

That is enough for me to not to order from this company

• jonidoman
    2 years ago

I ordered an Autumn Blaze Maple tree from TN Nursery order #17066. I received the bare root tree wrapped in burlap and was shocked when I unwrapped it! The top 4 branches were bent completely down touching the main trunk. I tried straightening them out but they would not bend up!! It looked like this tree was in this shape a very long time before they were shipped!! I E-Mailed them with pictures of the condition of the tree and asked if I should fasten some type of plastic hose to a post to straighten it out. They said yes because I don't want it to grow like this, they also said they were sorry about this. After planting it I attempted to straighten it out with the plastic hose with wire going thru it, the branches snapped, this only proves that this tree was in this condition way before being shipped!! I E-Mailed them back and told them my situation and asked them how this problem would be rectified by them seeing they shipped this tree in this condition. They said I should ship the tree back and they would send me another. I told them seeing it was their fault that they should pay for the shipping. They refused stating their policy and again expressed an apology. I will never, ever do business with this Nursery again! This Nursery is a Sham, what type of handlers do they have and it most definitely looks like they have no type of an inspection staff!! I have ordered from other Nurseries in the past and if anything was wrong with the plant they would simply another, no questions asked!!!

• Craftsman Junky
    2 years ago

jonidoman Honestly, if that tree lives, count yourself lucky. Most people get dead sticks.

• jonidoman
    2 years ago

Craftsman Junky, if only I had read these comments before ordering, did you file a class action suit as others did???

• Craftsman Junky
    2 years ago

jonidoman I filed a complaint with the FTC: https://www.ftc.gov/. They have a category for "Online Shopping." The hope is that enough people who they scam complain something will finally be done to stop them.

• jonidoman
    2 years ago

Craftsman Junky, I filed the complaint with the FTC today, I put it under Online Shopping as well!!!

• PRO
    the greenhouse
    2 years ago

I too have just been taken by TN Nursery. Can someone follow up on the status of any legal action taken against them? I have just filed with the BBB but I would like to do something else also.

• Craftsman Junky
    2 years ago

I recommend you file a complaint with the FTC as well as complain to BBB. BBB can do nothing to stop them, except maybe provide a place for folks to complain. The FTC actually has some enforcement/punishment ability.

• PRO
    the greenhouse
    2 years ago

Have done both and also filed one with the class actions site. Thanks!

• buckeyefwl
    2 years ago

Wish I would have read these comments before I purchased. I ordered 5 different plants nine total. The plants went into the ground or pond one day after they were received. So far only two look like they are surviving or going to grow. Plants came in zip lock sandwich bags with hand written names on the bags. Hence, they haven't changed their MO. Still poor packaging.

• PRO
    the greenhouse
    2 years ago

If everyone on this site will follow the advice of Craftsman Junky (above) & file a complaint with the FTC: https://www.ftc.gov/. They have a category for "Online Shopping." , and also with https://topclassactions.com/  we can make enough noise to stop this from happening and possibly recover our losses!

• bcavender
    2 years ago

Slightly OT, but this might provide some satisfaction to those frustrated like me from these kinds of shennanigans.

I had been searching for months for a source of relatively hard to get Evodia Danelli (Korean Bee Bee) tree as we keep a few hives for pollination and honey for the extended family. Evodia is a lower growing tree with strong, longer lasting flowers and is a very strong nectar producer.

I finally came across Reeseville Ridge Nursery in WI that had an extensive list of plants available. They are evidently a mid-sized family nursery that concentrates pretty much all their resources on production. Their website is not ecommerce enabled and you have to call in or email in your order, but their performance in the end is worth the difference in procedure. After giving them the stock I wanted, I received the trees ... first ... then a paper invoice arrived several days later. So they pretty much operate on the honor system with customers. I really like that.

"Honor" ... when was the last time you heard that mentioned in a positive manner? Yeah, me too.

I received an email from them that the third tree species I ordered looked "weak" on their inspection. THEY declined to send the "weak" looking plant! They promised to have a new crop avaiilable in about 10 weeks. I liked that even more.

Anyway, I have to recommend this family nursery for their good product, price and shipping. My Bee Bee seedlings were only $4 per pot with $10 shipping. They were packed exceptionally well and arrived perfectly. $26 for four trees ... instead of one or two. Good value considering the typical attrition. (Nice volume discounts as well.)

I don't usually yak vendors up, but I have to say that these folks are full at the upper end of the customer service spectrum, have a mind bending selection of species and are honorable to deal with ... sometimes the older ways of doing business are still better. Maybe more often than not.

Bruce

• Craftsman Junky
    2 years ago

It sounds like TN Nursery is up to the same dishonest practices again this year. They've been shipping dead plants for at least a decade now. Obviously, none of the oversight govt bureaucracies in Tennessee care about their highly unethical behavior.

• Karen Smith
    2 years ago

I wondered about reporting them to the Tennessee Department of Agriculture. This would be the government agency that issues their live plant license.

• Kyouji Bato Kannon
    2 years ago

I"ve been scammed by this company too. I'm filing an FTC complaint now, already did with the BBB.

• William C mount
    last year

I have ordered plants and they have came back dead twice form this company. I have faxed pictures of them planted but cannot get my money are the plants refuned. I ordered them because we had them when I was a kid and now I am old would love to see them one more time 93 dollars worth. I have friends that live there is why i ordered from them.

• Kimber Finney
    last year

DEAD TREES - NON-EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE - FILED WITH BBB , yelp and anyone else I can find to register a complaint. DON'T DO IT, DON'T BUY FROM TN NURSERY!

• geena13
    last year

You guys might also try filing a complaint with TN Dept of Ag who inspects them and issues their license and contacting your state's nursery licensing dept. Don't know if it would do any good but they do look at health of plants being sold and if there are complaints, they might look a little closer. Maybe it would be another thorn in their side if nothing else!

• Michael Laney
    last year

Please do not order from this company.

They reserve the right to send you the wrong product (substitution), not what you ordered. What is the point of placing an order for something specifically not to get what you ordered? I may as well have just provided them my money and see what random item they send. Once I received the wrong moss, I called and sent pictures. They agreed it was incorrect and I should be receiving a replacement order. After 3 weeks of emails (15+) and phone calls, they are standing by the fact that I need to pay to send back the item they incorrectly sent me before they will send me the correct item. This business model makes absolutely no sense, other than being a scam. I am glad this was a sample test order prior to making a large order for my moss yard. I can only imagine spending thousands of dollar just to get the wrong product then have to pay to return and possible get the wrong item again. Also, email correspondence will not have a name on them and will be short and contradict any prior emails. I am writing this off as a loss but I wanted to ensure anyone else that happens to read, please do business elsewhere. There is a reason their prices are better than other retailers. Please note this customer experience was based on a $40.00 order, this could clearly have been resolved and then I would have ordered the large order that they could have swindled me on if they had been thinking ahead.

See links to additional reviews that paint a clear picture of their scam (business model).

https://reviews.birdeye.com/tennessee-wholesale-nursery-720672320

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tennessee-wholesale-nursery-altamont-3

https://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/8073/0/

https://www.bbb.org/us/tn/altamont/profile/nursery-stock/tennessee-wholesale-nursery-0483-40006237/complaints

[https://www.houzz.com/discussions/ordering-from-tennessee-nursery-tnnurserynet-dsvw-vd~2153348[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/ordering-from-tennessee-nursery-tnnurserynet-dsvw-vd~2153348)

• hilarytleblanc
    last year

I know the pictures and prices are tempting -- but my experience was similar to those listed above and I lost almost $900 - plus about $80 I spent sending the first order of stuff back for credit. Then I lost hours of time planting and tending to a bunch of plants that never had a chance. The moss I ordered was in tiny pieces - think puzzle piece size -- and full of weeds. The tress were DOA- plants dried out sticks-it was a disappointing experience. Lesson learned-- read customer reviews before ordering from an online retailer. Further, I will only buy potted plants going forward-- the extra money spent is worth it to me.

• C Man
    last year
    last modified: last year

i echo the sentiment of the other posters, be VERY WARY of this place! You've been warned.

• Heather McEntee
    last year

I agree with all of the bad experiences! I should have checked here before I ever ordered anything! I ordered Purple Love Grass and Blue Mist Flower. They both seemed dead and stayed that way. I was told to wait another month and that I had to return the dead plants to get a refund. I did send them back and supposedly have a credit in their system, but now they don't carry the plants I need any longer. Also, I had to contact them 2x to get my plants shipped in the first place and it wasn't even their busy season yet. Customer service is also very SLOW. I will NEVER order from them again nor recommend them. They are smart in that they don't have any place on their social or website for feedback. No one would ever buy from them if they did.

• Karen Smith
    last year

I don't know how they sleep at night.

• C Man
    last year

I'm not gonna sugar coat this or embellish this statement but simply say that Tennessee Nursery is A BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!!!!!!!

They have an F rating on the BBB website with hundreds of reviews to prove it.

https://www.bbb.org/us/tn/altamont/profile/nursery-stock/tennessee-wholesale-nursery-0483-40006237/overview-of-bbb-ratings

These folks have no shame, no morals, no ethics of any kind whatsoever and will rip you off at the first chance they can get. I know it i've read review after review after review and i've been ripped off by them with my own order.

Spread the word and don't buy anything from these jerks. It's amazing that they haven't gotten shut down for fraud by now.

• PRO
    the greenhouse
    last year

I have many comments just like these from other websites. If a couple of you just say the word I would be happy to participate in a lawsuit.

• Doug White
    last year

ThisIsSquareStemSpikeRush???

To???????

• lnrdo
    last year

Do not deal with these people. I am an experienced gardener, and thought I would try this company. TWN sent trees that were dried up and not in any moist material. TWN offers" hassle free" returns. It's "hassle free" if your idea of "hassle free" is emailing TWN, then having to do a "scratch test", then having to email photos of dead trees, and eventually being told to pack up the dead trees and send them back to the company, then paying to ship those dead trees, and then receiving only 40% of the cost in replacement stock (probably sent in the same terrible condition as the original order). I don't like spending good money after bad. I should have checked the BBB site reviews first. Instead, you should try ordering from a very reputable company such as one in Missouri I also ordered trees from whose policy is this: " If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, let us know within a year of delivery and we will send you a free one-time replacement or refund your full purchase price if you don't want a replacement." Now that's customer service! Oh, and the trees I ordered from the Missouri company arrived carefully packed, damp, and are quite alive and thriving.

• Eric Agboka
    last year

Bad experience with this company. Emails back and forth about dead plants when I received it in the mail. They asked for scratch test when i showed them pictures which shows no growth after 60 days. Anything to keep from giving me a refund. Do not buy from them.

• Steve Harenberg
    last year

Do not order trees from this company. Scam company. They do not meet their shipping deadlines and will not cancel or refund your order so you are left with trees past the safe to plant time window. Avoid this company like the plague.

Order from a different company, such as musserforests. Their trees came super fast, great quality, great customer service.

• alleenart
    12 months ago

Luckily, I only spent at the most $25.00. Nothing has grown. Don't waste your time.

• Bud Bernor
    3 months ago

I ordered 125 Ponderosa Pine Trees sent to California for planting in Arizona on March 27th. I provided this information at the time of my order and Tammy indicated there would be no problem as the trees would not ship for 10-14 days. My trees arrives in 5 days. They of course will die before planting. Customer Service was no help, no offer of resolution, exchange... nothing. Nothing can be done. I reviewed this company online and found many complaints dating back many years. They have not changed their behavior or customer service. Buyer beware.... As a business owner my self I would have handled this way differently. Some reviews are a lot worse than mine, but it shows a pattern I wish I would have seen prior to my order as there are many alternatives to this company. My recommendation is to buy elsewhere.

• PRO
    the greenhouse
    3 months ago

they are truly criminals and should be arrested. I would happily participate in any legal measures you want to take. You should google their reviews on other sites. Literally hundreds like us have been taken.

• lnrdo
    3 months ago

The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) has a website where you can make consumer complaints. They also have a division for complaints if you bought an item online or over the phone.

• Karen Smith
    3 months ago

I put in a complaint to the FTC two years ago but have heard nothing from it.

• Beecause Thatswhy
    last month
    last modified: last month

I recently ordered Pink Muhly Grass. It said 100 qty for $100, but that 100 qty minimum was required. I didn't really need that many, but I planned for the entire amount. I knew it would be young plants, but after waiting forever and even calling once to cancel (it was too late they said), I finally received a tiny package via regular mail. It had literally 100 (I suppose) "single blades of a grass". 100 blades of grass for $100, are you kidding me? Seriously? I don't know what I was thinking ordering from an out-of-state nursery... certainly gives a very bad experience in doing so and will keep me from ever doing so again. This company, I'm surprised if it lasts. When you cheat people you will fall like the leaves. Usually these days I read reviews about where I am buying from and I rarely buy online due to the risk of quality. Guess I should have researched before buying here. Seems there website only gives a phone contact # and no customer-comment/ review section to read from. I see all the unhappy buyers here and I will also go into making a complaint with BBB, as good as it will do. Just know this... I love plants and I spend money on my garden more than I do going out to eat or buying new clothes. My garden is just so much more enjoyable to me and when I am cheated, you will not receive a penny again from me. My dollar will clearly be going elsewhere and in my experience buying local, I rarely have regrets. If you live near a Stauffer's nursery for example they promise a whole 1-year guarantee on all perenials/ bushes. They're a little more pricey then some places but then again, they'd never charge a dollar per blade for a grass. I would much rather buy a few large grasses there and be totally satisfied rather than give another cent to Tennessee Wholesale Nursery. Thank You.

• Karen Smith
    last month

It would be great if you could post a picture!

• PRO
    the greenhouse
    last month

they still get away with it. I would participate in a group effort to sue them.

• C Man
    last month

All i can say is these people are straight up CROOKS! Do not order from them. How they continue to get away with this year after year baffles me.

Sponsored
Washetnaw County Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery