0

Gaggenau steam oven calibration -- taking more than 3 hours???

jlb1003
April 23, 2012

Hi,

I just installed my Gaggenau combi steam oven, and decided to "calibrate it" following directions. It was supposed to take ~ 15 min. and, it has been on now for 3 hours. I'm not sure what is going on. I've googled and haven't found much. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks.

• attofarad

I only did it once, and it only took a few minutes.

My suggestion is to call Gaggenau customer service.

• jlb1003

I think it might be resolved; I reset the settings to factory settings and started over. I was expecting it to indicate the calibration was done, instead, the "Cal" just went off (but the oven kept going), so I think it was probably calibrated.
    So, tonight, I made my first meal: Green Curry chicken with onions, carrots, tomatoes and asian noodles. I improvised off of the miele website. If anyone else has any good sources of recipes, please let me know!
    Thank you.

• attofarad

http://www.purcellmurray.com/larissa_recipes_steam_tips.cfm

First part of the Gaggenau cook book

Here is a link that might be useful: First part of the Gaggenau cook book

• NoelJames Dupont

Installed a Gaggenau BS280 Combi Steam oven with water and drain feature. Calibration: Make sure its a cold oven start process (if it adds water and starts to steam this is good_if no water and stays dry stop cool and start over) I was done in 15 min with calibration. How do you know? while calibrating mode press "i" button it will say Calibrating in process... about 15 min later checked again cleared, temp and 100% humidity in window. You are calibrated.

I cooled oven with cooling feature and then dryed it.