jacobseric

How to choose which brand of towel warmer?

jacobse
April 12, 2010

I previously posted a question about whether to put a towel warmer in our master bath remodel, and we're now pretty well sold on the idea -- providing we don't have to go for one of the ones which cost upwards of $2,500!. Which brings me to today's question: which brand of towel warmer?

We'll be looking for an electric model, hardwired, ideally not much wider than 20". I've seen a number of positive comments here about Runtal. Doing a broad search for electric towel warmers, I've also looked at Mr. Steam, Amba, Myson, Warmrails, and others. Some similar-looking models -- approx. 20" wide, 18-24" hight, curved rails -- range in price from the low $300's to well above $1,000. What more do you get with a significantly more expensive towel warmer? Are there brands which are particularly good, or ones to stay away from? If you have purchased a towel warmer, aside from choosing a look (curved vs. straight, flat rails vs. tubes, finish, etc.), how did you choose among the various brands on the market?

Thanks!

-- Eric

Comments (14)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268