Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mypadnm

flush inset

lkdzn
11 years ago
Beautiful, beautiful flush inset application! I'm wondering if you've done the flush inset with any of the wolf products as well? I'm on my first application of flush inset with a wolf mw24/30" trim kit and SO30 below. I'm nervous on how to engineer the cabinet. Any tips?
Rancho Santa Fe · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
    11 years ago
    Hi lkdzn,
    Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I understand your concerns: even after 20 years of cabinet design I still sometimes find these fridge installations challenging. The most important thing I can recommend is to download Sub-Zero's installation instructions and read through ALL of the pages carefully. Make sure you have the right model number and make sure you are reading the instructions for Flush Inset Installation. Look at the illustrations carefully and make sure you understand what the drawing is telling you.
    The first time I did one of these fridges, I wasn't really clear on the different types of installation. So when I read the instructions, I made the mistake of assuming that there was just one set of cut-out dimensions. I saw the dimensions under standard installation (not flush inset installation) and specified a cut-out that was standard width (I think it was 46.5 for a 48" fridge.) I discovered later that It should have been larger--48.5", I think--and so we had to install the fridge as a standard overlay, which didn't look anything like my drawings. (Luckily for me the client never really understood the difference anyway, so it only bothered me, not her.) If you have a specific question about the install, I would be glad to try and answer it. Good luck to you-
  • PRO
    French Accent LLC
    10 years ago
    In the Sub Zero flush inset section it shows a 1\2" gap all the way around the doors....
    did you just add that 1\2" to the dimensions there giving for the panel to get the fully integrated look?
    Merci!
  • PRO
    French Accent LLC
    10 years ago
    Hi Heather,thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I was just wondering how did you get these fridges to not have any gaps around in your design? Merci!
  • Christen Bebawy
    4 years ago

What is the name or brand of that cabinet? I need to have something like that in my new kitchen the fridge is 42 inch sub zero side by side and I want to have it flush

• PRO
    Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
    4 years ago

Hi Christen,

These cabinets are from a Pennsylvania company call Christiana Cabinetry (who does beautiful, wonderful work!), but any cabinet company that does higher-end cabinetry should have no trouble doing flush install on a properly designed appliance.

Having said that, you may want to check with your appliance supplier to make sure that your 42" Sub-Zero is the correct model for flush install. (They used to have a "Framed" model that didn't work for this installation.)

Best of luck-