Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jkm1019_gw

Help with flooring and white subway tile

jkm1019
15 years ago

I have searched many forums and like many, I plan to use the white subway tile in my shower/tub area. No other tile except on the floor. I wanted to use something different than the beaded or white hexagon tile. Although they do look good, I was thinking something different, perhaps with larger tiles on the floor. HELP me to decorate!!

Oh yeah..my other plan was to have a color on my walls and a DARK brown/espresso wood vanity on feet. Kinda spa-like I guess..

Comments (12)

• jomama517
    15 years ago

I'm also doing white subway on my shower walls, the bathroom floor will be 6" white octagon with crema marfil tiles for "dots". The vanity is expresso with crema marfil top.

• simoneb
    15 years ago

Maybe you should give us some ideas of if you like color (the ming green is always gorgeous) or if you want to keep things neutral. There are so many options. I just put up off-white subway tiles and 12" beige marble tiles on the floor. No pics yet (mostly b/c there's no light in there at the moment... not done). Also, it depends if you like modern or traditional, etc. For modern you could go with slate tiles...

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

For those here a while, I know I keep posting these pics, but they just seem to be very appropriate in alot of situations!!

jkm1019-- What about carrara marble?

• jkm1019
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for your suggestions?
    Simoneb-I am probably more traditional...but didn't know if I could just pick out a beige, brown or taupe tile?
    Bill Vincent-I have indeed thought about carrera marble because that is what I see much. I didn't know if I wanted to do something a little different.
    Of course, I still like the octagon/hexagon look.

All of your suggestions have helped...!

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

Bill, I love the look of the picture you posted of the white bathroom with dark counters. I love the tile a lot!

• robaudio
    15 years ago

I also wanted something a little different and found this Brittany Long Octogon tile from American Universal Corporation. the website is www.auc-tile.com .
    The link below will show you some pix of the tile installed in my bath.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bath renovation

• november
    15 years ago

Here's our newly-renovated (and very tiny!) master bath, with espresso vanity, white subway tile in the shower, white tile floor, and bead board walls. The floor is marble-looking ceramic tile (white and gray), and the vanity top is carrera marble. The shower is white subway tile with light gray grout, and we used the same color grout on the floor. I'm sorry the picture is sideways - I corrected it in photobucket, but it still won't show up straight when I paste it here.

• tilemarbleguy14
    14 years ago

I have found a great deal on Carrera Marble Subway Tiles, in the Carrera or just plain white marble tiles. Only $7.00SF and you can order samples - it is first quality, fantastic pricing at buildersdepotdirect. They also sell Hexagon, Octagon and all other mosiacs, Basketweave and black and white marble chair rail.

Here is a link that might be useful: Builders Depot Direct

• gibby
    14 years ago

I am in the middle of a similar remodel. Walls and shower are Daltile white subway tile. Vanity is espresso with calcutta top. Walls are BM gray wisp which is the BM equivalent to RH silver sage (gray, green, blue) Tub is Bain ultra basa duo. Toilet is Toto ultramax all in white. Accents are brushed nickel. My floors will be a limestone called mystic green, also called pistachio green. Really not green at all but beigy with a hue (just a hint) of green. It is the limestone with the fossils in it and my kids and I and DH just love how interesting it is, especially with all the white! I'll post pictures next week when it is finished.

• woody_2010
    14 years ago

Gibby did you ever post photos of this bathroom renovation? It sounds lovely, and I would love to see how it turned out.

• rookie_2010
    14 years ago

I wanted to do the green limestone with calacatta but chickened out! Please post pics when you're ready, I can't wait to see it!

• warren_tile
    13 years ago

Here is a great image of Carrara Subway tile from Builders Depot Direct. This customer has installed the Subway and then Carrara Hexagon on the floor from Builders Depot Direct. I use this for a lot of my customer installations and you can see why for just $7.00SF for the 3x6" and $10.95SF (and free delivery) for the Hexagon it is beautiful. The 6x12" and 9x18" look even better.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carrara 3x6