susanlynn2012

Dishwasher Food Disposer- With or Without?

susanlynn2012

KitchenAid 41 Decibel No Food Disposer (so I must clean a filter but is very quiet and has all the features I like) KUDE70FVSS

OR

KitchenAid 51 Decibel with Food Disposer and self-cleaning that has all the features I like except for not having the little compartment to hold little things that sits in the front. Otherwise I could be happy with this dishwasher if it was only 5 decibels quieter. This one is $140 cheaper but maybe the quieter previous discussed model would enable me to do dishes even if I had a client in my home office (kitchen blocked by a wall from the office)at night or in the day time. I guess I want energy efficiency, a cutlery tray, and low decibels. Maybe 51 would be low enough and let me hear the TV in the family room that is next to the kitchen and let me work in my home office without hearing the dishwasher?

Is it difficult to clean the filter? Which model will last longer, one with a food disposal unit or one with a filter only?

Any comments from those that have one or the other since I have narrowed my search down to these two units and I need to make a decision ASAP so I can do dishes again and not have to wash everything by hand.