Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shelley_person

Kitchen cabinet redo.

Shelley Person
11 years ago
What type of paint was used on this redo? Sprayed or brushed? Primer and sealant or was the sealant the primer?
CCFF "Before and Afters" · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Creative Cabinets and Fine Finishes, LLC
    11 years ago
    We only spray our finishes. Sealing oak is very tricky. Took us many year's to perfect. We use several products all of which have to be professionally sprayed. Lacquer Based.
  • cherylban
    11 years ago
    I wish this company was in California, their work is amazing. Anyone familiar with sealing oak professionally? Type of sealant?
  • PRO
    Creative Cabinets and Fine Finishes, LLC
    11 years ago
    Thanks - Cheryl .....
  • cherylban
    11 years ago
    Couple of questions- do you totally strip all surfaces before painting? What type of sealer do you use? Also, what sheen of paint? I have oak cabinets that I want to have redone professionally, but not sure what to use. My painter painted my linen cupboards. They look nice, but not professional like yours. Any advice would be greatly appreciated from 3 thousand miles away! Thank you so much!
  • PRO
  • PRO
    American Fine Finishing
    10 years ago
    We are in Los Angeles county and we specialize also in refinishing oak kitchens. We also do Faux finishes with lacquer for Oak to look like maple of alder wood. Great work @creative cabinets!
  • traciel
    10 years ago
    I just finished having my cabinets professionally painted. OMG, what a difference. If I knew it would have turned out so well, I would have done it years ago. My concern was that I would still see the large oak grain despite spending money on professional painting. This was not the case. My cabinets were sprayed with a laquer finish and it just looks fabulous. Unfortunately, I did not take a before photo.