kimberly_ussher

Trane's CleanEffects? Is it worth the money?

SaintPFLA
September 7, 2007

In considering a new Trane system (either XL19i or XL16i) the sales rep also mentioned the CleanEffects airfilter system.

I have a couple of cats, so the idea of an air filtration system is very appealing. However, I know very little about it or how it works.

Is it effective? What are the downsides to it (ie: difficult maintenance, expensive upkeep, etc)? Does it work as well as they claim it does? Is it worth the extra $1800 to add this to the new system?

Thanks a bunch for your help.

I have the CleanEffects system placed on my HVAC unit a few years ago and it ran great for a few seasons. I regularly cleaned the system as recommended by the manufacturer but last year the system failed to work. If I could give you advice would be to install a 5 inch pleated filter instead. You will not need to run your system fan all the time and you will only need to replace the filter once a year with normal use. Save your money on the expensive system that only works for a few years.

• Elmer J Fudd

I doubt this person has been waiting 12 years for a response. That system is now getting old and may be ready in turn to be replaced, depending on where located.

I figured that out after I sent my comment, I guess I am just another disgruntled Trane owner wanting to vent. Excuse the ignoranc.e