Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beethovengirl

quality of Hunter [Prestige] vs Casablanca ceiling fans?

beethovengirl
16 years ago

Hi,

I am looking at Hunter and Casablanca ceiling fans, in large part because I am looking for a fan that does not require a halogen bulb, as I would like a light fixture designed to take standard incandescent bulbs so I can use CFLs instead. For the most part, I've narrowed my choice down to the Hunter [Prestige] Hudson fan with the AirMax motor and the Casablanca Metropolitan or Panama. The Casablanca is considerably more expensive, and salesmen tell me that the Casablanca is worth it b/c Hunter uses cheaper parts and is made of stamped metal rather than die-cast like Casablanca. They also said that due to higher quality, the Casablanca is more quiet. I don't know whether this is a sales pitch, so can anyone give me their input on the differences between the 2 brands? The only difference that I can clearly see is that the blades are nicer on Casablanca fans but that's not enough to get me to spend hundreds more.

Another issue for me to consider is that CFLs are typically larger than regular incandescent bulbs, and I am looking at bowl light fixtures. I will have to check that 23W CFLs will even fit in the bowl!

thanks for your advice! :)

Comments (15)