0
spappyrules

Need help with the kitchen design!

spappyrules
Ok I wrote a post but pictures did not upload so here I try again. Want to keep our kitchen cabinets on the walls but the one under the window is a roll out and can go. We need more counter space and a more functional kitchen. Our stove and refrigerator can be moved and was considering a custom made L shape cabinet with the stove built in to divide room and would go under window. Would also like new counter tops that will look good with these cabinets.

flair lighting
    you need a whole new layout. especially to move the fridge more into the work space, these cabinets may not work once it is reconfigured. you can go to ikea or find kitchen planners online. short of bringing in a contractor. I think it would be best to re do all the cabinets if you would like to maximize the space. and it might allow you to get the sink under the window...what is your budget for the project? that is the best place to start.
    Maryland Residential Design & Construction, LLC
    I have used Ikea cabinets for a beach house I own and I am very pleased with the quality. It does however take some time to put 20-30 cabinets together though, but will save you money! I agree with flair. If you are going to do it, then do it right and re-design the whole thing. You have a tough space to deal with. It would make a huge difference if you could shift down the doorway next to the range and allow more space for a peninsula.
    flair lighting
    you may want to wait until you can sink in a little more money if this is your forever home.
  • Anne
    Does the doorway by your dining table go into the same room as your stove doorway? If yes, consider closing the doorway in the dining area and moving the kitchen to that area. Dimensions of the kitchen would be helpful.
    Sophie Wheeler
    20K is lower end materials only. No labor. Keep saving if you want to change the layout. You'll need a minimum of 2x as much for a budget project and paid labor. http://www.remodeling.hw.net/cost-vs-value/2015/