0
akcorcoran

Should I order a split finish on bathroom doorknobs or just go same throughout house?

akcorcoran
We have a 1917 Georgian Revival Colonial that we're pretty extensively remodeling. Between the renovation and then replacing old doorknobs, I have to order about 16 sets of doorknobs. We decided to go with a Crystal handle doorknob with a plain rosette finish in a French Antique finish (aged brass) but my question is on the bathrooms.

Our guest bath has Oil-Rubbed Bronze fixtures throughout - should I order a split finish for the doorknob and get French Antique outside but Oil-Rubbed Bronze inside (the locking side)? It's a pass through bathroom so we'd actually need two like that.

And, my daughters' new bathroom is brushed nickel fixtures. Should I get brushed nickel inside and the French antique outside?

OR, should I just get the same handles throughout the house regardless of the bathroom fixtures? The house would have likely been built that way, obviously (we're mostly replacing all brass small knobs.)

Thanks for your thoughts!