kats_meow

Wrought Iron Fence

kats_meow
January 4, 2007

We are having installed a 6 ft high wrought iron fence to enclose our existing porch and a portion of our covered patio. There is concrete existing. The fence company made the panels (2 horizontal bars at top and 2 at bottom), bars 2" apart and has been installing them with anchor bolts. When I push on the panels they fairly easily sway. This fencing is meant to contain our dogs so might have a large dog (50 pounds) jumping against it. I am concerned that it won't stay up. The fence company says this swaying is normal and they don't know of any way not to have it. I can't make the fence any taller (I have approval for the specific fence and can't change height).

In the past I had a pool fence that was set in concrete and didn't move. This one moves. I assume this is because it is attached with the anchor bolts. I do know that when they put in some of the bolts they hit rebar in the existing concrete.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

(This is a reputable fence company that builds the vast majority of the fences in this area. I'm sure they would do whatever we could suggest to correct this).

Comments (4)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268