0

Azek vs RDI Railings

jimod

I'm currently arranging in having an azek deck installed and had decided to go with white railings instead of the same deck board color railing. Contracter building the deck told me that he wants to order white railings from RDI instead of the Azek Premier railings. He said the Azek premier railings were the worst on the market with the RDI ones looking exactly the same as the Azek but being a much better quality. Any thoughts on this? Don't know if he's saying this because of having a better profit margin from using RDI or if we'll be much better in using the RDI vs. Azek.

• kittenkat_2002

I'm having Azek premier railings put in. I certainty hope that they aren't the worst on the market. They're replacing wood railing that rotten w/in 5 years of installation...

• Dennis Hatfield

I have installed both rails . Both are of great quality. The RDI is vinyl with an aluminum sleeve for strength. The Azek is a composite rail. I prefer the RDI over any composite rail , due to the way they fasten to the posts. Composites become very brittle especially when cold and are more prone to cracking. I highly recommend the RDI railings, and I have installed many with no issues.

TimberTech

Hello! Thanks for creating this thread and sorry for the late response! With AZEK® Composite Rail, you'll get look and feel of real wood without painting or staining. Unlike traditional lumber, AZEK Rail is a capped composite that uses PVC performance materials, engineered for superior safety and strength, and will not rot, peel, or splinter - ultimately very low maintenance. Plus we have a 25 year warranty! https://azek.com/docs/warranty/azek-timbertech-railing-warranty-us.pdf

Thanks for considering us!

AZEK